ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Music here but not there

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 10/22/09 01:21 AM Views: 1274 Replies: 2
Thursday, October 22, 2009 at 1:21 AM

My site (mchscubs69.net) plays Charlie Brown music on IE but not Mozilla. I can't see the code either. K

Thursday, October 22, 2009 at 1:42 AM - Response #1

Most likely it's not playing due to some plugin you've embedded from a third party site called "Widgetserver." I'm not sure what that is, but I can tell you it's causing a status bar error in the Internet Explorer browser. In IE click on View, Toolbars, Status bar, and you'll see the error I'm referring to. There's a good chance this error is the same issue that's causing the music to not play in Firefox.

Why is this error present? Unfortunately it's hard for us to say, as the error is coming from a third party site with third party code we didn't write. There are certainly cases where two third party embedded objects might not work together and cause errors like this. It happens rarely but when it does it's a frustrating problem. It's also frustrating for us because there's no really good way of diagnosing the problem and suggesting a resolution.

So what should you do? First I'd try removing whatever object you installed from Widgetserver and see if that solves the Playlist problem. It may simply not work together with Playlist in Firefox. If that doesn't do it I'd resort to the Trial And Error approach, removing one third party object at a time until you've figured out which specific object is causing the error. Once you've determined that you can choose to no longer use the object, find a similar replacement object, or move the object to a different page of your site where it's not causing a conflict.

Thursday, October 22, 2009 at 1:51 AM - Response #2

I deleted the announcement, then put back the puzzle leaving off the music. The code still doesn't show but I guess that's not a problem because the puzzle works.

Thanks...I can't sleep. Why are you up? Don't answer that.Wink K

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.