ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Posting the reunion flyer/invitation

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 02/24/11 01:57 PM Views: 1601 Replies: 9
Thursday, February 24, 2011 at 1:57 PM

Hi,
I have designed an invitation/payment form for our reunion which will be mailed out to the classmates who for whatever reason don't want to join the site and/or don't have email. I would like to post a copy of that flyer on our site (on it's own page.) As of now I have saved a PDF of it (it was designed in a program called Print Artist.)I got an error when I tried to upload the file...not sure of what I was doing! Is it even possible to do this? I would like for those on the site to be able to view exactly what the others are receiving by mail. Is scanning in the flyer the best option? Any suggestions will be helpful.
Thanks,
Isis92

Edited 02/24/11 2:19 PM
Thursday, February 24, 2011 at 2:09 PM - Response #1

To post it on a dedicated page, Tonya, you'll need to convert the file to a jpg, png, or other image format.

You may have a graphics program on your computer that will allow you to open the PDF and save it as a JPG.

Or Google "convert PDF to JPG" and find a free program to do that.

A free program that will do that is Irfanview

Thursday, February 24, 2011 at 2:20 PM - Response #2

Thanks so much John...I will try this!

Thursday, November 10, 2011 at 2:27 PM - Response #3

I ran across your request about posting your invitation online and since that's what I'm trying to do, I'm wondering how it went. Actually, one of my problems is coming up with a invitation that has a tear off response/payment form, then getting it also on line and if I can get it to print for those that have joined our site, but want to mail in a payment instead of paying online.

So, my question is two-fold, would you be willing to share your invitation, as a template, or to use as a foundation for another, and were you successfull in getting it online?

Thursday, November 10, 2011 at 3:33 PM - Response #4

you can upload a pdf but not using the IMAGE button. You need to upload it using the LINK button and then put a link on the page to the document. For an example look at: http://www.gphs71.org/class_gallery.cfm?gallery_link_id=9801

Click on the link PRINTABLE ORDER FORM

Thursday, November 10, 2011 at 4:07 PM - Response #5

Wow, I'm really impressed! So, you've got several things going here; you've defined your own page, plus you created a document which you saved as a PDF and uploaded using the link button. I think I'm following the steps to doing that, but how did you imbed the Printable Order Form hyperlink? Was that already set up when you created your PDF and it came along for the ride, or did you have to do something from the classcreator site after you uploaded the PDF?

I'm relatively new to the site, and not much of a computer whiz....

Thursday, November 10, 2011 at 4:34 PM - Response #6

1. By going into the link EDIT SITE PAGES, you too can create additional pages for your site. Currently there is a limit as to how many you can do but I understand that this is going to change soon.
2. To create the link the steps are fairly simple.
a. Type the text that you want to use as the link. For example: PRINTABLE ORDER FORM
b. Select select what you typed.
c. Click on the INSERT/EDIT LINK button.
d. Click on the FILE VAULT button
e. If you have already uploaded your PDF simply click on it and then INSERT. If you have not uploaded it yet, follow the upload process.
f. When done, the link may not work until you save the page and then access it from your home page.

Monday, November 14, 2011 at 3:35 PM - Response #7

I created my registration and followed the steps (I though correctly) and yet when I activate the page, the link isn't there! I seem to have problems with uploading files every time I try. Something isn't clicking for me! Can you or the adminstrators help?

Monday, November 14, 2011 at 3:54 PM - Response #8

Hi Carmela,

I fixed the link on that page for you and it works now. I'm not sure why, but the link was being hidden by the page code...

Monday, November 14, 2011 at 4:47 PM - Response #9

Thank you. I don't know what I keep doing wrong, how the link became hidden on the page code, hence, I won't even know how to prevent it in the future. In any case, I appreciate your help in this. Until next time...

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.