ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Gallery Creator

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/24/17 07:12 PM Views: 980 Replies: 6
Friday, February 24, 2017 at 7:12 PM

Is there a way to create a "then and now" gallery from the uploaded classmates? It sure would be helpful!

Monday, February 27, 2017 at 10:52 AM - Response #1

Not automatically. However you could use the functions at the bottom of the Manage Classmates page to Download the images from the profiles to your computer so that you could upload them to the Gallery Creator to create such a gallery.

Monday, February 27, 2017 at 5:12 PM - Response #2

That would be a great feature to add to the software.
Something that would capture the classmates school picture along with the current profile picture, and create such a page.

Monday, February 27, 2017 at 5:38 PM - Response #3

I wish I were smart enough to figure it out. It sure would save me a lot of time!!

Wednesday, March 1, 2017 at 4:55 PM - Response #4

I'll circulate the idea. My biggest concern is for managing the size of the slide show. You could end up with a super long file. What if your senior class had 600... 800 ... 1000 members. Let's say you had 50% join... that would still be 2 images per person... 600 to 1000 images to rotate through a slideshow. Not sure how that would be manageable for large groups. It can see it working for small classes though.

Wednesday, March 1, 2017 at 5:46 PM - Response #5

Images wouldn't load at the same time. Image loads only when it advanced to the next and the next and so on.

IOW, it's not a super long file, just a series of independent images described in a 'text' file. Pretty much the way gallery works now.

It just couldn't be the Flash version - which doesn't work on Apple stuff anyway. [Have no idea why that was done that way (Flash) either Idea ]

Wednesday, March 1, 2017 at 6:47 PM - Response #6

One option that I have used is Photo Bucket (free or pay for some additional storage/features; which is what I do - very inexpensive if you pay for what you want. You may want to try free first, and maybe even stick with that afterwards).

You can upload e.g., .JPG format (pictures) from your e.g., desktop hard drive to a Photo Bucket library of your choice and then link that library (Photo Bucket supports HTML Embed, Flash Embed or Slide Show) One single point and click, and then open the page on your CC site (that you can add, and name anything that you like e.g., 'THEN and NOW') and copy the link in Source mode to your site' page. You then have have a great looking slide show .... 'THEN and NOW'. Lighting fast and always there. Works each time, and all time on "automatic pilot".

BTW, I do very much appreciate Scott's concern that he raised regarding class size (e.g., 800, 1000, etc.), and also the concern for multiple classes. Can be done with Photo Bucket, but some extra lifting/concerns are involved; and the storage limitations of the free version of Photo Bucket could be exceeded (making purchase a requirement for additional Photo Bucket storage space). For moderate and small class sizes it works really well. Moreover, the question has to be answered: "Will there always be Then and Now pictures for each and every classmate available to load?". If for instance you have 2,800 class members will you always know that a Then and Now picture exists in a file that can be uploaded (to Photo Bucket).

FOOD FOR THOUGHT.

Edited 03/02/17 9:27 AM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.