ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

E-Mail Notifications Problems

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/04/22 10:56 AM Views: 243 Replies: 2
Tuesday, January 4, 2022 at 10:56 AM

I've brought up this topic before but I thought I would address it again.

I have 11 classmates including myself that have a q.com email address. We stopped receiving notifications from the website. It hasn't escaped me that finger pointing continues with this site administration saying it's the e-mail provider and the e-mail provider saying it's a problem with the website programming. I have in the past run into problems registering for commercial websites where my q.com e-mail address is rejected and I have to use what I call a throw away e-mail address such a gmail.com.

Everything has worked for years but because I feel the website admin refuses to take ownership for what I believe is a programming change in their system I have had to take on additional duties. The problem started in the August, September timeframe.

I've changed my e-mail address as the "webmaster" to my gmail e-mail address. I'm now receiving the notifications and then I forward the notifcation on to those with a q.com e-mail address. What a pain!!

I'm worried that this is going to be the way it is until I die or unable to any longer maintain our website.

Tuesday, January 4, 2022 at 7:51 PM - Response #1

Hi David,

Unfortunately we have no control over the q.com email policies. They do not provide us with a bounce or any detail on what they would like us to change, if anything, in order for mail to come through. They don't respond to questions sent to them about why the email does not go through and why they are not bouncing it.

It is quire clear other companies are running into the same roadblocks from q.com so they have chose not to allow that email provider to be your listed email account. Gmail accounts are recommended and free.

I will send another message to them. If they do respond with any details that you or we can try we will let you know.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Wednesday, January 5, 2022 at 4:24 PM - Response #2

Thank You!!

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.