ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

I can't upload any photos to my personal profile

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/20/10 01:26 AM Views: 1541 Replies: 7
Saturday, March 20, 2010 at 1:26 AM

Okay, basic 101 Internet question and I can't believe I have been lowered to ask such a silly question, but I have spent an entire day trying to figure it out.

It's simple, but yet bizarre. I deleted nearly all my photo's from my personal profile because I wanted to change it up and add new ones, and now it wont let me. It doesn't matter what operating system I use, or which pc or browser I use, and it simply doesn't matter how small or large the photo is, that I'm trying to upload, but it wont post on the site under my personal profile, even though it says 100% and says "done"!!!!!

In every case, it always tells me that its uploading and counts down to 100% and says "done", but in every single case, the photo never appears in my personal profile, even though the site tells me the upload is done/completed.

It seems something is terribly wrong.

I have admin functions, can't imagine that would be the reason it wont let me.

Do you know who I might be able to contact to try and resolve this issue.

I've never seen anything like it.

I have uploaded the same photo's to another site, just to make sure something wasn't wrong on my end, but my photo's upload to the other site with no problems.

Any suggestions?

Sam.....

Saturday, March 20, 2010 at 2:55 AM - Response #1

Welcome Sam. Starting your first forum post with a bang eh?

Email me one of the photos that won't upload. I'd like to try uploading to your site using one of the same photos you're trying to use. Let's hope I can duplicate the problem, which obviously makes it a whole lot easier for the programmers to solve the problem.

Saturday, March 20, 2010 at 5:00 AM - Response #2

Brad thanks, my problem was I had to rescale my images down to a smaller size and it worked great.

Anyway, I had an idea that might be the problem, however since I never got an "error" message, I assumed something else was wrong.

I scaled it down to a 200X200 resolution and roughly a 10X8 inch size.

Thanks for the quick reply...

Sam....

Saturday, March 20, 2010 at 12:26 PM - Response #3

Can you do me a favor and email one of the large photos that didn't work to brad at classcreator.com? There shouldn't be a problem loading larger images. If I can reproduce the problem we can probably fix whatever is disallowing that.

Saturday, March 20, 2010 at 1:53 PM - Response #4

I've experienced that same thing in the past. Later I figured out it was because it was a very large image - If I would exit from the upload program, view the page and refresh it, the HUGE picture was actually there.

I think it was related to my Chrome browser.

John

Saturday, March 20, 2010 at 8:36 PM - Response #5

Yeah Brad I can, and when I say big, I mean it was big, something like 25" X 20" 72.00 X 72.00 resolution. You're right, I would think the website could shrink it down for you, but I spent an entire day and it wouldn't work. I even tried a regular picture size, 4" X 6" and it didn't work either, but I only tried that just once (the small photo).

I then thought maybe the fact that I deleted so many pictures from my personal profile (100+), that somehow the server had to play catch up.

But when I tried again early that morning, it would give the message that it was done, but never really uploaded. I then got the idea to scale the size down and that worked. Coincidence....? Not sure.....

Which email do you want me to send the example to...?

This is like my 3rd time posting here, so I'm just getting used to it.

Sam....

Saturday, March 20, 2010 at 10:11 PM - Response #6

Thanks Sam. Please email to brad @ classcreator.com. No spaces before or after the @.

Sunday, March 21, 2010 at 12:58 AM - Response #7

Wouldn't you know the email bounced as I read your email real fast with regard to the spaces and sent the picture. I have resent, or correctly stated re-forwarded the picture to you.

Thanks,

Sam...

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.