ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Music continuously play through whole website

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/31/08 11:45 AM Views: 1824 Replies: 15
Thursday, July 31, 2008 at 11:45 AM

I have a playlist from playlist.com, is there anyway to get it to continously play while browsing through the website, instead of only playing on the homepage (where I pasted to code.) I would like for the music to play on all the pages, continously, not start over everytime you click on something different, is it possible?

Thursday, July 31, 2008 at 11:54 AM - Response #1

You can list instructions below that player that indicates if the alumni are interested in listening to the music throughout the site to click on "POP OUT PLAYER" at the bottom of the actual player and it will open in a separate window allowing them to listen while viewing your entire site, anywhere on the web, while they're reading email, or when they're washing the dishes!!! LOL

Thursday, July 31, 2008 at 12:00 PM - Response #2

I didn't even pay attention to the Pop out Player, I had already deleted it. Is there anyway to make it default to the pop out player?

Thursday, July 31, 2008 at 2:23 PM - Response #3

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm......

When you click on Edit Site Pages, and then click on your Edit button next to Home Page, we could add a little box there where you could paste in your Playlist.com code. If code is in there we could default the system to open up your home page in your regular browser window, and open up the Playlist.com player in another window. This way the music would play the entire time somebody is on the site without the user having to click on the Pop Out Player link. Would anybody like to do it this way instead?

Thursday, July 31, 2008 at 2:48 PM - Response #4

Whenever I visit websites, I find it extremely annoying that music turns on automatically because then I have to search for the icon to turn it off. People could be at work or somewhere else they shouldn't be listening to music.

I have music on one page and the title describes it as 80's music etc.

I chose to give classmates the option to listen to it or not.

Thursday, July 31, 2008 at 3:07 PM - Response #5

"....default the system to open up your home page in your regular browser window, and open up the Playlist.com player in another window"
I like that idea. I guess all it really does is save you a click. I like the idea of it popping up automatically, but Cathy has a good point too. People could be at work. At least if it pops up in seperate window they could close it out quick.

Thursday, July 31, 2008 at 5:02 PM - Response #6

Would that be considered a Pop Up window that could get blocked by a Pop Up blocker?

The playlist.com player DOES already contain this option as mentioned earlier...AND it works greatSmile

Aloha

Derry

Thursday, July 31, 2008 at 5:14 PM - Response #7

Yes, it would be a pop up window that would get caught by a popup blocker. So is the Pop Out Player on Playlist.com's interface though.

If our "auto window" got caught by a popup blocker, then the user would not see the Playlist at all and would have no option for opening the window again. Maybe it's not a good idea. Thus I would say use Playlist.com, and auto play or not auto play according to your own personal preference.

Thursday, July 31, 2008 at 5:18 PM - Response #8

Hmmm...i don't think the plylist Pop Out Window is considered a Pop Up window as it is user initiated... I know that on my computers the window gets opened and I have a Pop Up Blocker onWink

Aloha

Derry
PS - Now I gotta go try it again just to make sureWink YUP...Works

Edited 07/31/08 5:19 PM
Thursday, July 31, 2008 at 10:07 PM - Response #9

Some popup blockers have some intelligence built in -- i.e. they try to discern when you really intended to launch a popup window, and when you didn't. Thus based on the specific popup blocker installed you could get different results.

Friday, August 1, 2008 at 9:55 AM - Response #10

Thanks everyone, for your help. I ended up copying the web address of the playlist and hyper-linked a picture of a speaker and added text, click hear to hear songs from 99, that way people have a choice to listen or not. As long as everyone has a media player, it should work.

Friday, August 1, 2008 at 10:26 AM - Response #11

Essentially what you have done is an excellent work around. What you have done goes ahead and produces the Pop Out Player in it own window, and it frees up space on your website page (no playlist.com player displayed IN website area)...brilliantWink I just might steal that idea...only problem (if you can call it that, is no auto-play once you open website or specific page).

Aloha

Derry

Friday, August 1, 2008 at 2:26 PM - Response #12

I originally wanted the auto start, but realized just because I liked it didn't mean everyone else would. I made sure they couldn't miss it though, it is a big picture and large bold text right at the top of the page!

Tuesday, August 12, 2008 at 10:25 PM - Response #13

Ok, so I don't understand. I, too, deleted the Pop Out Player box. I would like the music playing continually. I don't understand the whole default thing and I don't want to mess up what I have going ( and I could do that easily Wink Would it just be easier to delete the present playlist and create a new one keeping the pop player box visible?????

Friday, August 22, 2008 at 6:22 PM - Response #14

YesSmile

Aloha

Derry

Saturday, August 23, 2008 at 12:07 AM - Response #15

Thanks Derry.. For me, yeah. I redid the playlist( one song now for homepage)...still working on the pop out...Looking to see how it looks on other forums....I'm slow, but steady...Thanks again, Bonita

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.