ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Preferences Page

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 04/25/13 12:05 AM Views: 960 Replies: 7
Thursday, April 25, 2013 at 12:05 AM

Is there a reason why the Preferences page is not included on the list of admin links that the root admin could designate access for other admins? Since I do all the work on our site, it would be much easier to make changes on that page without going through my root.

Thursday, April 25, 2013 at 12:37 AM - Response #1

Thank you for bringing this up. I have exactly the same concerns but so far no response from CC in getting more access to critical areas for design - such as "analytics". I think part of the issue is that this "access" also involves the ability to make others "admin"?

But all of that CC thinking presumes that one person is somehow responsible for the site when the reality is that for some class sites we are a group of people and the "root" is not really the one that paid for the site nor is the one in charge as it would be for some of the other sites (at least that's the impression I get from some of the posts here).

To conclude, it should be possible to have multiple admins with "root" access since for some groups we all really "control" the site, not just a single person.

Other group oriented organizations (not just schools) will have similar goals.

Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 10:47 AM - Response #2

We have recently made a change to the Grant Admin Access permissions area that now allows for Root admins to grant co-admins access to the Preferences page. However, the function on the Preferences page that allows the Root admin to reassign the Root admin title to another co-admin is still only seen by the Root admin.

Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 12:17 PM - Response #3

Hi Scott,

I was picking up on this fact that you state, recently made a change that allows Root Admins to grant admin(s) access to the preferences page of the site. Please tell me when (the date) this change was made, as I was unaware until it was discussed in TAP Live Chat on 5-1-2013. Thank you!

Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 12:31 PM - Response #4

I knew as soon as I wrote "recently made a change" that I would be asked specifically when. Smile Looks like that was back on the 27th or 28th of April.

Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 12:41 PM - Response #5

Great and thank you.

Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 12:49 PM - Response #6

Thank you Scott!

Much appreciated! Good to know!

Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 2:22 PM - Response #7

Scott,

Thanks very much for making this change. As always, I appreciate it that CC answers our requests in such a postive manner.

Jim

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.