ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Alumni website

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/20/11 06:51 AM Views: 1265 Replies: 8
Wednesday, April 20, 2011 at 6:51 AM

I have created a website for my class, the year I graduated. There has been a lot of interest from other schoolmates since then. How do I create an alumni page? Do I need a whole new website?

Wednesday, April 20, 2011 at 2:24 PM - Response #1

This is handled in one of 2 ways.

1- You can change your site from a single year site to a multi year site. However, once you make this change, there is no going back.

or

2- You can refer other classes to our system and they can start their own sites. We can then offer you a comped site that would be used as a "portal page" where you would then list all of the other active class sites from you school.

There are some pros and cons to each method. Under choice 1, while everyone who is a member can communicate across multiple years, you can only have 1 reunion planner going at any given time. This complicates matters when multiple years want to schedule events. Choice 2 offers the ability for every year to have individualized site designs that fit the personality of their class, but then cross year members can't easily communicate.

If you have further questions, you can either ask them here or give us a call at 734-585-5605
Im sure if you search the forums on this topic, you will find lots of discussions.

Thanks
Scott

Wednesday, April 4, 2012 at 8:16 PM - Response #2

Scott Mastenbrook wrote:

This is handled in one of 2 ways.

1- You can change your site from a single year site to a multi year site. However, once you make this change, there is no going back.

or

2- You can refer other classes to our system and they can start their own sites. We can then offer you a comped site that would be used as a "portal page" where you would then list all of the other active class sites from you school.

There are some pros and cons to each method. Under choice 1, while everyone who is a member can communicate across multiple years, you can only have 1 reunion planner going at any given time. This complicates matters when multiple years want to schedule events. Choice 2 offers the ability for every year to have individualized site designs that fit the personality of their class, but then cross year members can't easily communicate.

If you have further questions, you can either ask them here or give us a call at 734-585-5605
Im sure if you search the forums on this topic, you will find lots of discussions.

Thanks
Scott

Scott, is this Portal Page available yet? I understood the alumni link between registered classes of same school would be built after cc 3 is done.

I have manipulated links between my classes, but they have to get the password, etc, and not too thrilled about that. They can look, but not send messages also.

I am interested if there is something available for a Alumni Link.

Thursday, April 5, 2012 at 8:12 AM - Response #3

Class Creator 3.0 is still not done yet. There is still the "Notify Me" feature and the "Classmate Profile Custom Icons" and the "Rename your Links" modules to still be released.

So the "Portal Page" is still not available

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 at 7:35 PM - Response #4

Am waiting with bated breath for CC 3.0 & the "Classmate Profile Custom Icons"!!! We have a paid membership option for our All-Alumni site & I'd like to show who has joined! So Go! Go! you brilliant programmers! Would chocolate help? Wink

Friday, April 13, 2012 at 10:29 AM - Response #5

Sharon Esterley wrote:

So Go! Go! you brilliant programmers! Would chocolate help? Wink

Very Happy Thanks for the laugh, Sharon. Ask Darlene... Wink

Friday, April 13, 2012 at 1:12 PM - Response #6

Where's Darlene? Does she like chocolate?

Friday, April 13, 2012 at 2:27 PM - Response #7

Sharon Esterley wrote:

Where's Darlene? Does she like chocolate?

Darlene is probably having an admin meeting around Illinois. Word has it she sent brownies to CC at least once. Bet they were BUTTER brownies! Very Happy

Friday, April 13, 2012 at 2:30 PM - Response #8

Did it work? I REALLY want those icons! Cool

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.