ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Not Secure

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/01/20 08:43 PM Views: 434 Replies: 9
Monday, June 1, 2020 at 8:43 PM

I get Not Secure in address bar after logging in to the class website. This only started today after the upgrade. It does the same thing on Safari or Chrome.

Monday, June 1, 2020 at 11:51 PM - Response #1

Always been that way since browsers changed about 1 year ago. If you didn't have it before, you upgraded browsers OR just did not notice.

There will be an option to be secure after it's all done though.

Tuesday, June 2, 2020 at 3:56 PM - Response #2

The Site Not Secure issues is the next step in the sequence of upgrades. The migration that we went through over the weekend was step one. Once we iron out any issues from the migration, we can focus on the next portion of the project to address the Not Secure message. All of the upgrades are being done sequentially. Thank you for your patience.

Friday, June 12, 2020 at 6:15 PM - Response #3

Well...Are the websites secure???? Is it only the messaging that is wrong? Twisted Evil

I have admins who are concerned that our private information can be seen by everyone!

Edited 06/12/20 6:30 PM
Friday, June 12, 2020 at 6:29 PM - Response #4

Jack Vermeulen wrote:

Always been that way since browsers changed about 1 year ago. If you didn't have it before, you upgraded browsers OR just did not notice.

There will be an option to be secure after it's all done though.

Are the sites secure or not???
And what do you mean by after it's all done???

I have admins who are concerned that our private information can be seen by everyone!

Friday, June 12, 2020 at 10:50 PM - Response #5

SSL is going to be an option. As explained so far, either to use the existing classcreator.com certificate OR your Domain name. I'm assuming you pay some amount to get one for your site. Or maybe not. The second option was never explained. Could be free?

There are a few issues when one switches to https and many sites will probably need to make a few code adjustments if they are using non-https sources. And a lot of them do have that issue. AKA widgets and images.

The only real difference for "security" is that the secure/unsecure warning in browsers goes away. Profiles are currently visible to only logged in members (unless user elected not to), so there's really no difference. Besides that, there is really not much to see except images and comments. Pretty much like FB which has way more data.

This is mostly a perception issue, not an actual security issue. Logins and most modification actions are already https (they switch to your internal https CC name). You can see that when you login or when you edit a page and many other admin functions.

Monday, June 15, 2020 at 8:19 PM - Response #6

I pay for my domain thru classnames.net??? It's actually thru class creators.
I just got a strange email supposedly thru my domain name under webmaster@ahsreunion646566.org, saying I have 5 emails that I have not received yet. I have my emails from the site redirected to a comcast email. I clicked on the bottom link and it took me to my website. I am not clicking the other links. I am not sure how legit the email is. I have never got it before.
This is the body of the email.

Dear webmaster,

You have pending incoming emails that you are yet to receive.

Access to (webmaster@ahsreunion646566.org) will be restricted until you confirm ownership.

Confirm account now

Note: Access to webmaster@ahsreunion646566.org will be restricted within 48 (forty eight) working hours.

Regards
ahsreunion646566.org support Team

I wonder if anyone else has gotten an email like this since the migration?
Maybe I should put this in a separate thread???

Monday, June 15, 2020 at 8:21 PM - Response #7

Sounds like typical spam to me.

Monday, June 15, 2020 at 8:31 PM - Response #8

Could be???? I just tried to sign into my site...and my email bounced from comcast...been happening alot. Maybe that is it...but I never got that before.
BTW...Thanx for the explanation of the secure stuff. I just noticed that the lock now has a red line thru it...maybe CC fixed it?
I hope the email problem with CC is fixed...I may never get my validate email.ConfusedVery HappyConfused

Monday, June 15, 2020 at 9:23 PM - Response #9

Red line in lock is NOT secure.

When the "aame code" gets fixed, let's hope the CC explanation is easy to understand on how to opt for "secure".

Not to push any particular provider, but Gmail has their act together. Plus you are not locked into a provider that gives you service. Have had them since 2004. From Beta to now.

gmail spam filters are very good. I get maybe 1 spam in 6 months. Pretty rare that spam area has real emails. Very easy to administer. Just click "spam" and that one will never get to you again. If in spam and it is OK, click "not spam" and it learns what is what for you.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.