ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Need Ideas: How to have classmates identify people in photo.

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/05/17 09:48 AM Views: 953 Replies: 5
Friday, May 5, 2017 at 9:48 AM

We have started to post classmate contributed photos to Galleries. We would like to encourage classmates to identify the people in the photos. I've searched the ClassCreator Admin forum and see that maybe a survey could be used. The Gallery shows the photos but does not allow classmates to comment. Any recommendations?

Friday, May 5, 2017 at 1:03 PM - Response #1

I don't know of a way to do this on a Class Creator website either, but you might try doing it on Facebook (if you have a Facebook Group for your class). There you can upload a photo and allow Classmates to "Tag" the faces with names.

Friday, May 5, 2017 at 2:51 PM - Response #2

Your gallery photo page is locked, so I can't see the photos. If you haven't already done so, I suggest you compose a caption for each photo with as much information as you know. Then, send a mass email to the class, letting them know about the photos and how to access them (ie. "Click on WHS 1967 Photo Gallery page"), and encourage them to send you the names of the classmates, which you may then add to the caption.

You may also add a note in each caption, asking classmates to email you the names.

Edited 05/05/17 2:52 PM
Friday, May 5, 2017 at 5:57 PM - Response #3

Thanks. I'm thinking about starting a User Forum and have people contribute there. I'm going to try starting a user forum and see how they work.

Friday, May 5, 2017 at 11:38 PM - Response #4
IMG_4332 cropped auto NUMBERED.jpg

Making a dedicated forum thread for this is a good idea. I have two suggestions:
1. Make a sketch of the photo and number those in it. IF you have Photoshop, there is a YouTube 'How To Create a Pencil Drawing From a Photo In Photoshop - Line Drawing Effect" HERE.

If you do not have Photoshop, run a search to find the free sites and/or programs to make one. The search that worked for me is "make a sketch of a photo".

To see an example of a sketch photo, click on the link at the top of this post.

2. In the FIRST post of the Forum thread, write a brief paragraph asking for help naming your classmates. In the same post go down two lines and begin numbering the left margin, such as:

The purpose is that when you receive a name, you edit that post by adding the name to the number coorsponding with the number of the person on the photo sketch. If you do this, you will save yourself work and everyone will see who are still need to identify. Be sure to add the sketch photo to the same post so it is all easy for everyone to help you.

How many are in your photo? Perhaps I can make the sketch and number it for you. Numbering is what takes time. I will need a break from all I have in front of me.

Edited 05/05/17 11:41 PM
Saturday, May 6, 2017 at 8:36 AM - Response #5

This is really great info! And really good directions.
I don't have Photoshop, but my daughter is an editor and she does. There are about 25 in the classroom.

Thanks for the offer about creating the numbered photo. I'm going to try it. I may have to ask further questions!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.