ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Survey Answers

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 06/28/13 02:28 PM Views: 1117 Replies: 17
Friday, June 28, 2013 at 2:28 PM

I have a "Reunion Survey" in my site. The first 9 questions are answered by selecting radio buttons. Question 10 (and others) allows responders to type their response. I can see the names of those responding to that question. Can others see those names or am I the only one who can see them?
Tom

Friday, June 28, 2013 at 2:32 PM - Response #1

Hi Tom,

I have always believed WHO replied is viewed only by admins on a site. This paragraph is above the list of surveys you have made on the Survey Maker page:

SURVEY RESULTS: If you set your Survey Results Visibility to "Admins Only" no Classmates will be able to view answers to your survey questions. If you set the visibility to "All Classmates" your Classmates will be able to view collective group results but WILL NOT be able to view each Classmate's specific answers like Administrators can. Individual answers are never displayed to site members for privacy purposes.

Hope this helps. Smile

Edited 06/28/13 2:33 PM
Friday, June 28, 2013 at 4:28 PM - Response #2

Gwen is right, the general results can be seen by all classmates, but individual answers to the responses are only visible to admins.

Monday, July 8, 2013 at 10:46 PM - Response #3

I've just activated a survey and used "Other" as a response for two of the questions. I checked "fill in" on the drop down menus (question #3 and #5) next to those but now that the survey is live, there is no place to fill in an answer for "other."

Maybe that's not what "fill in" means . . . ?????

Edited 07/08/13 10:48 PM
Monday, July 8, 2013 at 10:55 PM - Response #4

Never mind, just figured it out - have to use check box rather than drop down.

Tuesday, July 9, 2013 at 10:16 AM - Response #5

The Help Forums
A place we come to pose a problem.
At times, the place we end up discovering the answer for ourselves.

Happy to read I am not the only one who has done this over the past four years. I'd say, we are probably not alone. Wink

Monday, July 29, 2013 at 10:00 PM - Response #6

I posted this question elsewhere but posting here too.
I created a survey and used the checkbox option, with a few of them having "other" or "comments" as an option to check. However, it is not giving the spot for them to write anything there next to it. Am I doing something wrong? Help

Monday, July 29, 2013 at 11:31 PM - Response #7

I had the same problem but was using a drop down box and Other. Then I realized I had to use a check box for there to be a field to write in. So, Meg, guess I'm just offering the suggestion to make sure you are definitely using the "check box" (as you stated) and not drop down.

Monday, July 29, 2013 at 11:34 PM - Response #8

Oh, almost forgot . . . be sure to check the box to the right of "Other" (Fill Out).

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 at 12:28 AM - Response #9

Meg,

I visited your survey and the places that you said we're "Fill Out" had input fields. I am using Firefox. If you aren't seeing it, maybe It is a browser issue. If you see it in Firefox and not in our current browser, let us know.

Maybe you already fixed it and added the Fill Out checkbox to the items but didn't have the checkbox when you first asked the question

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 at 12:41 AM - Response #10

Oops. Meg called, Kyle. We ran a test on TAP before she got it right on her site. Sorry we didn't come back to say "Got it!"

Too much reunion talk happening on the phone. Smile

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 at 8:58 AM - Response #11

Gwen,
It is OK. Glad you got it working.

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 at 9:16 PM - Response #12

Yes, all is good now..Thank you Gwen!!

Thursday, August 1, 2013 at 12:58 PM - Response #13

Is there a way to keep the button available to classmates that says View Survey Results, but disable the Survey questions?

Thursday, August 1, 2013 at 1:27 PM - Response #14

At the bottom of your edit page for the survey, look for these options: Survey is active , Allow classmates to view collective results ... Uncheck the first and leave the second checked.

Thursday, August 1, 2013 at 1:45 PM - Response #15

Thx!!! (sorry I missed that)

Scott . . . just did that but it removes the Survey link. Where do classmates view the survey results?

Edited 08/01/13 1:52 PM
Thursday, August 1, 2013 at 2:35 PM - Response #16

You will have to create a link to the page. I just added an announcement (OFF) that you can use to copy / paste the link anywhere you would like to publish this on your site.

Thursday, August 1, 2013 at 4:27 PM - Response #17

Got it, thanks again!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.