ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Uploading Excel Spread Sheet

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 02/23/22 03:10 AM Views: 3502 Replies: 3
Wednesday, February 23, 2022 at 3:10 AM

I have always used the Excel spread sheet to keep track of our members and uploaded the file w/o any issues.

Today I copied the information on the CC screen to make changes (this is way I've always done it).
I deleted a column in excel, reformatted & uploaded it. It didn't hold the format and the columns are extra wide, the font isn't what I selected and nothing is centered and the boarders are gone.

Advice please.

Thanks

CathySmile

Edited 02/23/22 10:40 AM
Wednesday, February 23, 2022 at 8:07 AM - Response #1

After you made the changes to the Excel file (as [you described) did you save that file? Then did you check that saved file (to make sure that you are satisfied with the results) before you uploaded it? I generally will save the 'new File' with the same name, but I always add a suffix and then check that file before using it (e.g., uploading). As an example, if the file I modify is FILEABC, I make the changes then I save that modified file as FILEABC2 - I then check FILEABC2 to ensure that all is well before using it. In this manner you can always go back to the original file FILEABC if needed. Hope this helps........

Wednesday, February 23, 2022 at 11:05 AM - Response #2

Hi

I just read my question again and see the confusion. I didn't upload it to the vault, I copy it out of Excel and pasted into the 'paste' box. It has always worked and now it doesn't it.

I really don't want to upload it, but I guess I will have to for it keep it's formatting, etc.

Thanks

Cathy

Tuesday, March 8, 2022 at 5:37 AM - Response #3

Just discovered that Google Sheets will upload perfectly into the site page. Smile

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.