ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

chat downloaded now need help

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/14/09 09:02 PM Views: 1237 Replies: 6
Saturday, February 14, 2009 at 9:02 PM

Hi there just got the email regarding chat. I have gone to the site and downloaded it to my computer.
Could someone help walk me through the steps to put it on the website now?

Thanks very much, and Happy Valentines DaySmile
Bonnie

Sunday, February 15, 2009 at 2:58 AM - Response #1

A variety of chat programs can be added to your site. My favorite is Add On Chat. Full instructions for embedding third party objects on your site are here:

1) Click on FAQs above
2) Click Questions About Building Your Site
3) Read Question #17

Once you've followed the steps, if you're having any problems let me know and I'll give you a hand.

Tuesday, February 17, 2009 at 10:05 PM - Response #2

Speaking of chat rooms, when is yours going to be available and how much is it going to cost? I haven't signed up for a paid chat room from the sites you list in FAQ's, hoping yours will be better, more secure and less money.

I previously tried two free chats from the FAQs list and subsequently removed them both because there was no log-in/password requirement beyond being a website member. I want to know that whoever is chatting, is who they say they are. I'd like to trust everyone, but they don't all have the same great judgment I do, ha ha.

Thanks,
Retha

Tuesday, February 17, 2009 at 10:16 PM - Response #3

Hi Retha, I followed Brad's instructions and did not have to pay for the basic chatroom. You can check it out on my page. As far as who is chatting, it should be a member of your class that has already filled out the class profile.
Thanks, Bonnie

Tuesday, February 17, 2009 at 10:35 PM - Response #4

We have a lot (make that a whole lot) on our plate here, so it's hard to give ETAs on integrated live chat. Should be sometime in Q2 though. We'll announce more details as we have them. Working on several other things now before we get to live chat.

Wednesday, February 18, 2009 at 3:55 AM - Response #5

Okay thanks, Brad. I'll try to be patient. Smile I know you're working hard!
Retha

Wednesday, February 18, 2009 at 4:04 AM - Response #6

Hi Bonnie,

I downloaded two different chat rooms and didn't have to pay, but I deleted them. I was probably just being overly cautious, but I was imagining someone signing on, saying they were another classmate and then making inappropriate comments with no consequences.

The free chat rooms both had paid versions that require that users have an id and a password to log on, just as our classmate sites do and that's what I wanted, as did the other classmates I polled. I may go ahead and put a free one back and on trust that all of my classmates will behave themselves as we are getting impatient (though I promised Brad I would be patient for Classcreator's chat room).Wink

Thanks,
Retha

Edited 02/18/09 4:05 AM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.