ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

IP tracer login in history

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/24/24 05:27 PM Views: 230 Replies: 17
Sunday, March 24, 2024 at 5:27 PM

Hi,

I have a classmate who joined our site for the first time today. I have him set to be it verified before I give full access.

I like to check their IP location as well. In past all I had to do it hit the 'login in location' IP history link, which is next to the city in the classmates' details section.

Then from there it will show log in history with the view location/trace. I would click on that, and it would automatically show where they logged in from.

It comes up with my IP address information, not the classmate.

The website is ipaddress.com

Is there an issue or did something change?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Sunday, March 24, 2024 at 6:56 PM - Response #1

Same here. It displays MY location and IP address instead of the ones shown for the classmate.
It's discouraging to trip over another of those sneaky little changes that nobody seems to have a clue about why/when they happened.

Monday, March 25, 2024 at 10:36 AM - Response #2

I've never seen this feature. I see nothing in the details section of a classmate's profile. Where is it located?

Monday, March 25, 2024 at 11:14 AM - Response #3
Where-Link.jpg

There's a link, just to the right of the "City" box...

Monday, March 25, 2024 at 11:36 AM - Response #4
Login History.jpg

When I click on that link, I get the IP History box (attached) But clicking on any of the entries only shows my own IP address and location.

Monday, March 25, 2024 at 11:42 AM - Response #5
Nothing There.jpg

John Ralph wrote:

There's a link, just to the right of the "City" box...

That's what I thought was being referred to but as can be seen on the attached it does not appear on my site.

Monday, March 25, 2024 at 12:02 PM - Response #6

Might be a difference between the older legacy templates and RD sites. I can see that in all the (older) sites where I'm an admin - including a Free-Ads site.

Monday, March 25, 2024 at 12:15 PM - Response #7

John Ralph wrote:

Might be a difference between the older legacy templates and RD sites. I can see that in all the (older) sites where I'm an admin - including a Free-Ads site.

Doesn't seem to be. Link isn't present on '57,'59 as well as '58 but is on '60, '61, '62; all non-RD, ie older, sites.

Monday, March 25, 2024 at 5:39 PM - Response #8

We provide you with the IP address. It looks like the link they provided us is no longer adding the IP address to it automatically - I think they recently added advertising and they just want you to copy the IP address in. They aren't allowing us to pass the IP to their system and they are just defaulting to the main screen. You can still get all the information you need by copying and pasting the IP address provided in our system into their system while I check into this.

I appreciate you pointing this out. We can't control 3rd party site changes but we can see what we can do to either correct it or list instructions on what you need to do to copy and paste and run your own report. This site appears to let us pass the IP address so I will check with programming about changing to this one or another one if there is a better one.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Monday, March 25, 2024 at 10:39 PM - Response #9

Jessica, why does the link not show up in the '57, '58 and '59 sites?

Monday, March 25, 2024 at 11:04 PM - Response #10

Um.... What third party?
That's Class creator programming that's now failing - building that IP history page using a link there like
https://www.classcreator.com/Omaha-NE-Westside-1959/class_admin_members_ip_history.cfm?member_id=1412650 to supposedly see the "View the location (Trace)" for that member where that link obviously ends up pointing to the ip address of the viewing admin instead of the member number of the member you're viewing.

Looks like it would be easier for CC to duplicate the link in that field there just like the one coded in each Contact Us email's View the geographic location of this IP Address where the link ends up as http://www.ip-adress.com/ip_tracer/xx.xxx.xx.xx, plugging in the ip address shown in the Contact Us message at the end. That link in Contact Us messages still works.

Tuesday, March 26, 2024 at 2:43 PM - Response #11

John Ralph
Did you get my message reply? It didn't open up to a new box to write so I wrote under your message to me and sent. I am not sure if it went through ok. Let me know, thanks

Tuesday, March 26, 2024 at 10:41 PM - Response #12

Thanks. I did get it. And I'm glad to see that it's working now. Maybe Jessica will respond to FC about why that option is not there for some web sites.

Wednesday, March 27, 2024 at 2:16 PM - Response #13

Present on my sites. Both old and new.

Wednesday, March 27, 2024 at 5:39 PM - Response #14

Login Location (IP History) works perfectly on my non-Responsive Design site.

Wednesday, March 27, 2024 at 9:40 PM - Response #15

Reading this thread had me open a new member notification to "View the geographic location of this IP Address". It worked just fine. I must have missed what you saw.

It is good to 'see' you... Meg, John, FC, Jessica, and Jack.
Smile

Friday, March 29, 2024 at 10:20 AM - Response #16

Mystery presented in response 9 above has been solved by John Ralph. The login in location IP history link does not appear unless New Classmate Verification is turned on in Preferences.

Thanks, John.

Friday, March 29, 2024 at 7:38 PM - Response #17

John,

Good catch. I was even a bit confused. Makes since now.

Jessica

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.