ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

HS Photos that everyone can upload

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 09/18/08 02:27 PM Views: 1347 Replies: 3
Thursday, September 18, 2008 at 2:27 PM

We'd like to add a page where people can upload some of their favorite photos from HS (and will probably do the same after our reunion). What is the best way to do this, so the admins don't have to do it all?

Thursday, September 18, 2008 at 2:58 PM - Response #1

We have classmates just putting the photos on their own page.

I am pretty sure you can't do it any other way unless you give all the classmates administrative access.

I guess Brad could add another item to his "To Do List" for next year and create a page that is accessible by all classmates so they could upload photos just like on Photobucket. But that does not help you for now.

It's a great idea Brad!

Maybe someone knows if there is a way to put a page from Photobucket (or some other photo site) on your site that is accessible by all classmates. Maybe they could upload to photobucket (if everyone was given the password) and it would become available on the site. I'm not sure if it would allow for a dynamic link that would allow whatever was uploaded to be seen on your site as soon as it was uploaded. Let's see if Brad or anyone knows about that.

Bruce

Thursday, September 18, 2008 at 3:03 PM - Response #2

I use Phanfare, although there are many other photo sharing sites.
I've placed a link to Phanfare in the Class site.
As other classmates add their photos I'll add that hyperlink as well.

Thephoto sharing sites offer a lot of features that are useful.

Thursday, September 18, 2008 at 4:31 PM - Response #3

Sorry folks I'm just running out the door, but search this forum for "community photo galleries". I've addressed this issue a number of other times in various threads. Look for community photo galleries early next year.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.