ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

changing ticket price

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/01/09 01:12 PM Views: 1295 Replies: 2
Tuesday, September 1, 2009 at 1:12 PM

We are changing our ticket price after today. Can I just change the current price? or do I need to add a new one and remove the old one. I don't want to mess up any previous payments.
Also were you able to figure out for sure how Melvin Yee got something extra added that we didn't sell? Is it okay if I remove that extra Item from his registration form? Thanks Marsha

Tuesday, September 1, 2009 at 1:23 PM - Response #1

I don't know about Melvin, so maybe Brad will need to answer that.

About the ticket prices, Won't you need to know in the future who paid the higher price? If so, I would just inactivate the current price and add the new price.

I think that somewhere in the reunion planner it keeps track of who bought what and how many. If you change the price of the item, you would still be able to know how many tickets were bought, but I don't think you would be able to know who paid which price.

The above is just a guess, so maybe Brad will need to really explain.

Tuesday, September 1, 2009 at 5:27 PM - Response #2

Either way will actually work fine. If you change a price, it won't change what is owed or how things are totalled in the Attendees area. I.E. you changing the price can't mess up anything that has happened in the past. Deactivating the item and adding a new one will also work fine, although you'd have 2 separate ticket counts. That may be what you want actually, with one count showing tickets bought at the first price, and the other count showing the tickets bought at the second price. So how you do it is really up to you, either way is fine.

Regarding Melvin, please leave it like it is a little longer. It's not really hurting anything. We have a totally unreleated issue here that is preventing us from completing our investigation of that issue. It's a long story, but that issue should be resolved sometime tomorrow, and then we'll be able to discern just what happened with Melvin.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.