ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Printing Registration Orders

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 01/28/10 01:55 PM Views: 2479 Replies: 17
Thursday, January 28, 2010 at 1:55 PM

I'm one of those who likes to keep a record of everything which I order online. Is it possible to add a Print button to the Registration page when one uses a CC?? I like to keep the hard copy of the transaction in case something happens later (which it has in the past). I printed the page but of course it is wider than the printer because it takes the left menus also. I think the transaction itself is all that needs to be printed. And possible some sort of confirmation code. I see there is an Order Number, can this be used as a confirmation number which is also displayed and printed??

Thursday, January 28, 2010 at 3:09 PM - Response #1

I'd hesitate to put it there for the very reason you mentioned. Today's high screen resolutions are wider than 8.5 x 11" paper. Many people know they can just set their paper orientation to landscape and everything will print fine, but often people find out the hard way by wasting ink and a sheet of paper first, that has everything cut of.

We already immediately send a nicely formatted email receipt for printing. It won't cut off or waste any colored ink either. I'd definitely recommend printing that instead of trying to print a copy of the entire web page and graphics.

Thursday, January 28, 2010 at 3:48 PM - Response #2

Mmmmm, I've been to web sites where you hit the print button and a new page pops up with just the ordering details nicely formatted, which fits on all standard printers, and you print that page (just like how the email notification looks). But the email will just have to do.

The only thing that is missing from the email though is the Order number and the date and time that the order was placed. I would like to see this added in the email, within the message itself and not in the header. Most likely where the message states Order Details.

Thursday, January 28, 2010 at 4:12 PM - Response #3

Gerald Francis wrote:

Mmmmm, I've been to web sites where you hit the print button and a new page pops up with just the ordering details nicely formatted, which fits on all standard printers, and you print that page (just like how the email notification looks). But the email will just have to do.

Gerald, I too have been to those kinds of sites. However, in all defense of Brad & CC I have created just such pages and like Brad has indicated--trying to fit everyone's printer is like trying to get everyone's monitor size and resolution to work the way the web designer wants. I've written just such code for these "Print Page" sites and believe me it may be SIMPLE for the user. Not so for the Web Designer.

To give you an example in order to avoid all the graphics the designer has to create another page (different URL). Then getting the width settings is the next challenge. If the page prints wider than 80 columns, life gets very interesting in a hurry. You also have to be sure that the text that you are trying to print doesn't exceed 66 lines or again life gets very interesting in a hurry. Let's say you have a Laser printer, now "if" commands become necessary or things may not print right. I could go on, but I think you get my drift. I'm with Brad on this FORGET IT!!! Trying to please all the people all the time is just something one has to draw the line on, sometimes. This is IMHO one of those times, I'm sorry!Embarassed

Thursday, January 28, 2010 at 4:21 PM - Response #4

We can make a couple tweaks here as suggested, adding to list.

Thursday, January 28, 2010 at 4:38 PM - Response #5

Folks,
Whenever I need to print something from the site, I just highlight the information, hit Ctrl P, and then ask it to print the selection. This will get me the information I want and not have to worry about all the graphic images and additional material on the page. This is just a quick shortcut for me. I get the information I need.

George

Thursday, January 28, 2010 at 4:54 PM - Response #6

Well here is my 2 cents, when I find someting on the site I want to convert to hard copy, I highlight just it and then open up a blanck Word doc and paste. I do this for the following reasons. I can manipuate the font and size of the font that is standard in my coorespondance files primairly large enough so (at 60) I can read. I then can saave it and print them when I need them or attach them to out-going email.

Thursday, January 28, 2010 at 6:21 PM - Response #7

I do the exact same thing as Terry. I find it works the best.

Thursday, January 28, 2010 at 8:34 PM - Response #8

I usually "print" and "save" the page as a PDF.

Ken

Thursday, January 28, 2010 at 11:19 PM - Response #9

I use Snagit

Use it to:

Copy regions on the screen, then edit and add comments.
Auto scroll and copy entire webpage
Copy on-screen movies
Copy animated gif 'movies', which can
then be put into software like 'Animation Shop'
to edit and then save them as your own files.

http://www.techsmith.com/screen-capture.asp?gclid=CJvKwvTdyJ8CFSgFagodaVN-zA

roger

Monday, February 1, 2010 at 10:45 AM - Response #10

All great suggestions, but 80% of people are still computer iliterate and can't do what experienced users can do on a computer, most don't even know if there is a Print Screen button on the keyboard. I also have snagit which I use, but have also been dealing with computer tech support for 25 years, and that program is an additional cost which classmates will not do. I have been to plenty of websites which have a print button for a receipt that opens an additional page formatted small enough for a standard printer. Maybe a future enhancement.

Basically, the email received from CC is good enough for anyone wishing to have a receipt. The only thing that is missing in that email content is the order number and the date/time that it was placed. And CC is aware of those missing elements.

Monday, February 1, 2010 at 10:57 AM - Response #11

Yup! I grouped that on the Task List with a few other minor Reunion Planner tweaks and we'll hit them all at the same time.

Monday, February 1, 2010 at 5:51 PM - Response #12

Brad and CC:

Speaking of the CC Task List, one thing I woould like to see is a link to all the emails I have sent to the differant classes. Is this possible or is it all ready there and I just don't see it? At sixty, we tend to miss a stroke every now and then and I just think it would be nice.

Tuesday, February 2, 2010 at 3:33 PM - Response #13

I have a whole revamp of that area slated, including saving and pre testing mass emails.

Tuesday, February 2, 2010 at 5:12 PM - Response #14

Brad and CC

I guess we keep you busy with all our wants.. but I guess that is the price you pay for being so awesome and the premiere High School - Club - Group website!!!

What would we have done without you guys & gals; proably flounder on the carpet like a goldfish out of the bowl until we are dead!

Here's to all of you too keep us going!

Tuesday, February 2, 2010 at 7:10 PM - Response #15

Smile

Monday, May 10, 2010 at 9:55 PM - Response #16

Hey Brad, any updates on the above tweeks?

thanks

kevin

Monday, May 10, 2010 at 11:06 PM - Response #17

That's coming shortly. Next up is the system wide release of Instant Messaging.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.