ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Announcements not getting to classmates

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 12/15/21 11:54 AM Views: 3525 Replies: 3
Wednesday, December 15, 2021 at 11:54 AM

I am a new administrator to our class site and have just posted my first announcement. It's only 12 hours later but it seems like at least several classmates with valid email addresses have not received notification that there is a new announcement posted to the class site. I'm wondering if I have done something wrong but can't find a clue in other threads regarding announcements. Thanks for whatever help you might be able to offer. Barry Foster

Wednesday, December 15, 2021 at 11:02 PM - Response #1

Hi Barry,

If you have the check box checked to send the announcement it will go out to everyone who has that option selected on their Member Functions > Notify Me settings (this is on by default, however, they can change it to any setting they wish).

If you are not certain the announcement went out to everyone you can use the Email the Class feature to make sure they received the message.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Thursday, December 16, 2021 at 10:20 AM - Response #2

Barry Foster wrote:

I am a new administrator to our class site and have just posted my first announcement. It's only 12 hours later but it seems like at least several classmates with valid email addresses have not received notification that there is a new announcement posted to the class site.

Barry,
Don't forget that some classmates have Immediate checked in their Notify Me options, and some who have Once Daily checked will not see the new announcement notify email until the next day. You can check to see who has what options selected using Statistics, Notify Me Stats, then click on the numbers by the announcement choice and page down to see who has Immediate, Once Daily, - and Never.

Thursday, December 30, 2021 at 7:32 PM - Response #3

Hi Barry,

Sorry for the delay on this one - I missed that the programmers had responded with a few questions for me.

He asked Are they not receiving any Notify Me emails, or was just the announcement missing?

You did check the check box for the announcement to go out. It should have gone out the next morning for most classmates as most of them have it set to once daily.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.