ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Slideshows

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 09/01/09 10:08 AM Views: 1955 Replies: 10
Tuesday, September 1, 2009 at 10:08 AM

Brad,
I know I have seen it somewhere but can't find it now. Is there a limit on how many slideshows can be on a page? I have a link called yearbook project and have 5 picasa slidshows on it. Would like to add more yearbooks and class photos.
Just wanted to let you know also that our reunion was a huge success and everyone said it's because of the website. The site help people start talking and that made the reunion so much better. Best turn out we have ever had. Can't really explain what a good time we had, haven't laughed that much in years.
Anyway thanks. You have helped alot of old people be 17 again for a weekend.
Let me know about the slide shows. Thanks again.
Tina

Tuesday, September 1, 2009 at 10:18 AM - Response #1

The only storage limit is with the File Vault. Since the slide shows are hosted elsewhere (slide.com, for example), there is no limit to the number of slide shows you can have on your site.

Congrats on your reunion.

Tuesday, September 1, 2009 at 12:25 PM - Response #2

"Making old people 17 again." Sounds like a slogan. Smile I like it. Glad to hear your reunion was a hit.

Tuesday, September 1, 2009 at 9:44 PM - Response #3

Brad, I have been trying to make a slide show. Copying the pictures people have in their profiles and pasting them into a movie maker, but I come back the next day and all the pictures are gone. AFTER SAVING..Is there a way to get ALL the pictures and move them INTO a saved file to download into a movie/slideshow? Thanks. Cindy
I am having all SORTS of problems lately..

Tuesday, September 1, 2009 at 10:04 PM - Response #4

I suspect you can't copy and paste photos into whatever movie maker software you are using. That's probably why they're gone, as they're not really stored on your computer. I suggest you do this instead:

1) Click Manage Classmates
2) Go to the Download Classmates section and download all Classmate photos as one large zip file. Unzip the file and you'll now have all of the photos saved on your local computer. This way you should be able to use them in your movie maker software without them disappearing.

Tuesday, September 1, 2009 at 10:05 PM - Response #5

Ahhh... thank you very much. I will try it.

Tuesday, September 1, 2009 at 10:21 PM - Response #6

Thanks so much! It's working. One more thing, for the little pictures, I think all I can do is have them stay that way? I think if I tried to enlarge, the pixels would become distorted??

Tuesday, September 1, 2009 at 11:16 PM - Response #7

Correct. In general you can resize a large image with no loss in quality. But you can't enlarge a small picture without significant quality loss.

Saturday, September 12, 2009 at 1:49 PM - Response #8

Sorry to bother you again..
I have downloaded my class photos, but more people are starting to send some into our site. Can I HAND PICK the ones I now need, ro do I have to download the CLASS all over again? Thanks again!

Saturday, September 12, 2009 at 1:57 PM - Response #9

Cindy Muhl wrote:

Sorry to bother you again..
I have downloaded my class photos, but more people are starting to send some into our site. Can I HAND PICK the ones I now need, ro do I have to download the CLASS all over again? Thanks again!

If you are talking about the feature to "Download all of the photos that appear on classmate profiles", this does it all at once and there is no selecting of which photos will go into the zip file.

If you want to save individual photos from classmate's profiles, you can just right-click and choose "save picture as..." or whatever it is labeled in your browser.

Thursday, September 17, 2009 at 9:30 PM - Response #10

Thanks. That was just what I was talking about. TY..

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.