ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Posting link to an other class

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/05/09 04:59 AM Views: 1218 Replies: 8
Sunday, April 5, 2009 at 4:59 AM

I am sorry to ask this again but I can't find the question or answer - but how do you post the link to another class? We are class of '68,and our school class of '69 has a website through ClassCreator. Also, once I know the link address, how do post it as Lee HS Class of 1969 or Class of '69 as opposed to http//www.etc.......?

I promise that this time I will save the answer.

Thanks.

Pam

Sunday, April 5, 2009 at 9:44 AM - Response #1

When you edit the page you want to add the link to, there will be buttons at the top of the editor. The one you want is on the 2nd row of buttons, it looks like a WORLD with a CHAIN LINK in front of it (it is the 7th button from the right.)

Type the text you want displayed on the screen, then select that text and click on the INSERT/EDIT LINK button (it will say 'INSERT/EDIT LINK' when the mouse is over the button). Paste or type in the "www.classcreator.com/...." website address of the website you want to link to (don't type in the quotes).

Edited 04/05/09 9:59 AM
Sunday, April 5, 2009 at 12:47 PM - Response #2

I did that on my home page.. There are 4 other sites from my high school.
Enter the year you want to link, highlight it, then go into Editor and the world with the chain icon, in the box, type the address exactly as you see it in the address bar when you go to that site. If you did it correctly, the year will be in blue on your home page and when you put your mouse on it, it will underline..

Sunday, April 5, 2009 at 3:57 PM - Response #3

Thanks, Kyle and Lynda! I did exactly what you said, and it works perfectly. I printed out the instruction and will keep them this time! Thanks again!

Pam

Sunday, April 5, 2009 at 4:14 PM - Response #4
Breast Cancer Ribbon.gif

Hi Pam,
Hey noticed you had a "Breast Cancer" thing going on your site. I had this cool "Breast Cancer" ribbon...thought you might like it, so I am sending it to you. I have attached it to this post. Feel free to use it if you want to.
Your site is very nice!Smile

Edited 04/05/09 4:24 PM
Sunday, April 5, 2009 at 4:40 PM - Response #5

Lynda,

You might want to check your home page in Firefox. I think the "Welcome Class of 1960" is too wide as it's pushed everything down. Just a big white space until you get below the right side column of boxes.

Love your home page, though! Lots of fun, nostalgic links! (Ripe for stealing, I think!)

Sunday, April 5, 2009 at 6:12 PM - Response #6

Thanks Claudia,

I forgot to check my site on Firefox after I put that banner in... Thanks so much for telling me about it.. Got it fixed.. But, do you know how to close up the gap above my weather plug-in without deleting all my annoucements and starting over, moving them up ?

Your welcome to use anything on my page..

Sunday, April 5, 2009 at 7:40 PM - Response #7

I'm seeing less than an inch of space above your weather plug in in both FF and IE and looks fine to me. I would imagine any editing, such as deleting a line or two of space, would be done on the announcement editing screen.

Sunday, April 5, 2009 at 8:29 PM - Response #8

Anita, the ribbon is absolutely beautiful! I will use it on the breast cancer section. Thanks so much- you are so thoughtful and talented.

Blessings,

Pam

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.