ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Adding info blocks on Home page

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/27/16 07:38 PM Views: 913 Replies: 5
Saturday, February 27, 2016 at 7:38 PM

The Home Page has several Information item listed when you edit it.
The ones listed can be activated or deactivated and in some cases moved to the right hand column. Is it possible to add an information block to the Home Page, and allow it to be located in the center or right hand column? Can this be done in all templates including the Responsive Design?

Saturday, February 27, 2016 at 8:36 PM - Response #1

I've wondered the same thing. I suspect this will be a "future" design enhancement, though.

Sunday, February 28, 2016 at 7:31 AM - Response #2

Hi Earl. A good year ago, I requested a blank right hand module that admins can edit. I hope it is on the list of good ideas. Is this what you are talking about... one like Class Creator's ad that moves to the home page (center) or the right column?

Just wondering if we have the same idea. Have a good day!

Sunday, February 28, 2016 at 10:31 AM - Response #3

Hi Gwen,
What I had in mind is something like John Ralph's Home Page, where he has announcements at the top and other items of interest in several places in the center column.
His site is www.westside-59.com

Sunday, February 28, 2016 at 11:15 AM - Response #4

Earl,
There isn't anything on my home page that can't be done with a combination of available options (like Announcements on top), selecting and shuffling around available home page choices, and using the editor to add text, graphics, and in one case, a script added in the editor's Source mode.

Some of the home page choices or announcements are set to "Everyone", some to "Logged In Only", and one to "Non-Joined Only", so it took a little testing to adjust sizes and spacing to make sure everything fit correctly for all the choices, but it's all just plain-vanilla page building. That being the case, I'd expect my home page to work with Responsive Design - but I haven't tried that yet.

Sunday, February 28, 2016 at 12:39 PM - Response #5

Thanks John.
I think I understand about going into Source mode in the editor and adding the different things, text, graphics, etc, but In my case the Announcements come before the Birthdays (which is a system generated box). I was thinking of being able to add additional blocks below that one, but that would take creating something in the Home Page edit process in either Content Area or Right Modules.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.