ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

WMV link in Class Creator not working

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 01/10/11 05:43 PM Views: 1412 Replies: 7
Monday, January 10, 2011 at 5:43 PM

I have uploaded a WMV file to our vault. I followed directions from other discussions and inserted the link. When I click on the link created either nothing happens or IE crashes.

Monday, January 10, 2011 at 8:23 PM - Response #1

Where on your site is the link?

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 at 10:34 AM - Response #2

it's on the In Memory page.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 at 12:34 PM - Response #3

I just did a quick search online for embed code for wmv player and used it on your In Memory page. Check it out!

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 at 1:19 PM - Response #4

Thanks. I never found anything in Help about embedding code for the wmv player to make this work. I really appreciate your help on this.

Friday, January 14, 2011 at 2:14 PM - Response #5

Well, I just switched over to Windows 7 and although the system added the wmv player for IE, it doesn't work anymore.

Friday, January 14, 2011 at 2:30 PM - Response #6

I'm also on a Win 7 machine. You may need to upgrade your Windows Media Player or get the add on for IE. If works for me in IE and Firefox.

Friday, January 14, 2011 at 4:57 PM - Response #7

Yes, I did add the add on, but it still didn't seem to work. So I added the link back in (I just had the embedded code before), and when I clicked on the link it opened the media player but it took a long time to cache it. After it did, I could play it and the embedded code too. Something is slowing it down, but my old computer was the same IE version and Anti-virus, so it could be some additional security in indows 7? Anyways, thanks for the help.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.