ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Cannot Find Video on YouTube

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/27/15 10:09 PM Views: 937 Replies: 7
Thursday, August 27, 2015 at 10:09 PM

I uploaded my video and made it Unlisted to it could not be searched. How do I get the code if I can't find the video? I finally found my video when I went into the place I could edit the video, but could not find the code.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks ... Debbie

Thursday, August 27, 2015 at 11:44 PM - Response #1

Click SHARE and then click Embed. This gives the basic code. Now click Preview and Change the size to the width you like. It shows a preview of your selection.

Easiest to make a bookmark of any videos you upload. But there's also another easy way.

In my Youtube channel on the top of page, I can click the left little bar icon and select My Channel from the list and then click Videos and all my videos show up.

Edited 08/27/15 11:47 PM
Friday, August 28, 2015 at 8:21 AM - Response #2

Thank you Jack!! I found my video through my channel!!

I watched the video of how to embed the video through YouTube and it's so easy, except of course, mine doesn't do anything the video does!!

In the video when Scott goes to his video and clicks Embed, you get a choice of the size ... mine doesn't do that. He copies the code and goes to his CC web site.

When he clicks on Edit Site Pages, he gets a different page than mine shows. He gets a list of Customizable Links. Mine has a whole different look than Scott's.

I try to embed my video under my video gallery link and the code is not as long as the one Scott had copied in his illustration. When I copy it under Source and click back into the page, I don't have a embeded figure ... mine says "iframe" and it doesn't work.

What is wrong?

Friday, August 28, 2015 at 11:44 AM - Response #3

I assume you are talking about a CC video that shows how?

The code has changed for Youtube, so what you saw is the old embed code. The new embed code is an iframe (shorter, more flexible and easier).

Also, as I noted, you can do this on ANY page, not just the gallery page. The example you saw was probably from the main link page where you create the pages.

Change the video size on Youtube Share/Preview before you copy the code. You can also change it later manually - but you can't see it right away.

Last I'm guessing it all worked. The CC editor just shows iframe, not the video. If you preview the page by making it active you'll see it. CC has not yet made gallery pages like the main pages where you can preview editor content without doing that (hint to CC Idea ).

(I'm assuming you did all this is editor Source mode.)

Friday, August 28, 2015 at 3:07 PM - Response #4

Jack ... You should be working for CC!!

I figured that was an old video and they sure need to update!! You are correct, I was pasting the code in the Source mode and when I went back to the page it said iFrame. So, according to your response, I did that right. However, when I activated my page, the video did not show up.

Maybe it was the size. Like said, I was not able to pick a size, but we can change the size in the code, can't we?

I will go back and see what size the code says, change it and try again!!

You've been so helpful and patient!!

Thank you!!

Friday, August 28, 2015 at 3:27 PM - Response #5

Jack ... I did it!!!!!!!!

I changed the size in the code and it worked!! You've been a great help!!

I really like your web site home page too!!

Thanks again ... Debbie

Friday, August 28, 2015 at 3:34 PM - Response #6

Debbie- Jack is a great resource. He's helped me out quit a bit. Just don't want to overload him. lolLaughing

Friday, August 28, 2015 at 8:33 PM - Response #7

Awe, too nice. Will have to hide this post. Now more important things:

I just tasted Hite, a Korean beer in a Korean restaurant on my son's birthday (food was different and good). I was very surprised he picked a small local Korean place since he's pretty conservative with food.

It was a slightly different taste from US light beer. Looked up all the beers I like (including Hite), turns out the beer snob crowd thinks they are all awful. Yup all the common Lite beers rate awful. If you like a light beer, you will probably like Hite.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.