Thursday, September 18, 2008 at 2:49 AM

Hello

Thanks for your website.

We are in the process of building our website
http://www.classcreator.com/Hillsdale-NJ-Pascack-Valley-1964/class_index.cfm

When I

- disable the login OR
- enable announcements

No other options show up like I need Profile Updates and Missing classmates.

Why is this happening? Please help.

Thanks
Vidhya

Thursday, September 18, 2008 at 3:04 AM - Response #1

1) If you disable the login box, we automatically disable all of the Classmate data boxes too (because with no Classmates possibly logging in, there couldn't ever be any data populating any of those boxes). This option is primarily available for those who are making a parent alumni site that then links to other sites that have the login box enabled. So we disable all right hand boxes so the alumni site can use all the space on the page. I'm going to make a guess that you are doing this so people can't log into your site while it's under construction. If I'm right, what you want to do instead is simply password protect your home page until you're ready to let people in, and don't disable your login box.

2) Enabling or disabling Announcements has no impact at all on any of the right hand boxes. Make sure you're only doing one at at time -- I have a feeling you disabled Announcements at the same time you also had the login box disabled, and mistakenly attributed the disappearance of the right hand boxes to enabling Announcements, even though it was still the login box being disabled that was causing this.

Thursday, September 18, 2008 at 3:22 AM - Response #2

Thanks Brad.

Yes I was trying to "hide" the Login but realize only now that people will need to login eventually.

Though I kind of guessed Login disabled the other options I was wondering why.

Thanks for your prompt response.

I intend to be in touch with you for our domain transfer once we are done with the website.

Vidhya

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.