ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Profile Comment Font Color

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 05/22/14 02:39 PM Views: 890 Replies: 9
Thursday, May 22, 2014 at 2:39 PM

Hi
I need help in changing the font color that is used for comments in classmates profiles.

The current color is close enough to our background on Professional #7 that it is hard to read.

At a minimum black would be ok
For the sublime, it would be nice to know the mouse-clicks necessary to make it any color on the palate

While I'm asking
If I go to Change Design>Site Colors
What do Background color, Primary color and Secondary color control?

TIA

Thursday, May 22, 2014 at 4:23 PM - Response #1

Hey there fellow admin,
I probably am not totally understanding to what you are referring when you are talking about the classmates' comments. The comment section is in white and the text is black, unless I'm looking in the wrong place. That can't be changed.
As far as your other question: The background color is what covers the remaining portion of the screen that is not the actual website window. The primary and secondary colors are on the website itself and can be adjusted to your school colors. My suggestion would be for you to write down the code (hexadecimal) of what those colors are now, so that you can go back to them if you don't like the changes. This way you can experiment without worrying that you fouled something up. As you become more familiar with the settings, you will also become more confident. Sometimes, depending on the design you choose, font colors can change. Don't be shy, let your creative side out. SmileFeel free to visit our website and see what you think. (PS, if you don't like it, don't tell me, ok? LOL)

Edited 05/22/14 4:24 PM
Thursday, May 22, 2014 at 5:14 PM - Response #2

Hi Tim; Thank you for jumping in; I appreciate it.

Comments within a classmates' profile is what I am referring to.
i.e. Homepage>Classmate Profile>
lets use my profile as an example:
http://www.hhsalbuqclass64s50th.com/class_profile.cfm?member_id=6171808

scroll down til you see the term "all comments"
Now you should see that all the comments are a color very similar to the background color on the page.
I want to change that comment color to black

Maybe I need a class creator employee's help?

Edited 05/22/14 5:37 PM
Thursday, May 22, 2014 at 7:36 PM - Response #3

Hi Larry,

We'll probably hear from another admin, Jack, in a bit... but for now, I'm going to take a look for you because I am interested. Will be back. Smile

Gwen

Thursday, May 22, 2014 at 8:03 PM - Response #4

I see what you are talking about, Larry.

The word "COMMENT" just above where members may write a comment is almost the same color as the newspaper design #7. This needs to be addressed by the office as a programmer would need to be involved.

Here is a screen shot clip from TAP where we use the newspaper design Professional #7... what Larry is talking about:

This is from my single year site using Professional Design #5, which shows the difference in the word "COMMENT":

It seems the idea is to closely match the color of the design.

ADDED as an EDIT:
I am going to do some trial and error attempts to see if the font color changes.

Looking at the SITE COLORS section, there is no way any of the colors match the color of the word COMMENT. It has to be a part of the design.

Edited 05/22/14 8:15 PM
Friday, May 23, 2014 at 12:22 PM - Response #5

Gwen,
I'm glad you popped into this discussion. Since TAP uses the same design, you were able to see what Larry was referring to. As it turns out, I was right about his not being able to change that font. I'm not used to being right, I'm married. Smile His point is well taken.
Over time, I get on our website so much that I get bored with the same design. So I change it every so often so my classmates won't get bored too. At our age, I have to wake them from their nap every so often. Smile

Friday, May 23, 2014 at 2:26 PM - Response #6

You can modify the CSS style

The id for the Comment wording is this

Put code as a CSS style in the google analytics area.

As an aside, you can literally modify just about anything like this with CSS. This will NOT translate to FBCC since ATM this is not carried over there YET (or option) Idea

Only caveat is that if CC changes the names of the id's/classes/etc you have to find the new name(s).

Edited 05/23/14 2:39 PM
Friday, May 23, 2014 at 4:03 PM - Response #7

Thanks Gwen Jack and Tim
Very thoughtful comments.

noted that the font color is a part of the design and suggest you might put that to-do on the programmers list for future.

Let me play with CCS [nice example Jack]
and I'll get back to this thread

Friday, May 23, 2014 at 10:27 PM - Response #8

I added Scott to this thread when I first replied. This should be up for discussion next week with a reply to follow.

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 at 5:12 PM - Response #9

I will discuss adjusting that color with the programmer.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.