ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Stop the Music!

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/26/10 08:00 AM Views: 1297 Replies: 1
Saturday, June 26, 2010 at 8:00 AM

I added my first photo gallery in slide show format, and it worked like a dream. Problem: I added music per instructions, but couldn't stop it when I left the Photo Gallery. Then it and my basic playlist played simultaneously. I finally alt-tabbed and discovered the Playlist player window.... Can I automatically stop the Gallery music when I leave the page? If not, can I force the player to open in a window on top of all others so members can choose to turn it off? Thanks for your help! Larry Gilbert, www.rockyriver63.com

Saturday, June 26, 2010 at 11:48 AM - Response #1

In addition to what you're doing now you have 2 other options:

1) Instead of putting the Playlist code in the box provided, instead, inside your Editor window press the Source button, and paste the code there instead. This will cause the music to play in the background of the page while the slideshow is running, and automatically stop whenever the visitor leaves the page. The only pitfall in doing it this way is the user has no control over the music while the slideshow is running, so they won't be able to reply a song they like, skip a song they don't like etc.

2) Do #1 but instead of leaving the player visible, set all widths and heights you see in the player code to 1 pixel. You have to leave at least 1 pixel for the music to actually play, but the pixel that displays is so small nobody will see it. This hides the player completely and simply streams your music in the background while the slideshows plays. This of course has the same limitation as #1, in that users have no control over the music interface.

If music in the background that is not controllable by the Classmate is what you want, both options above are viable options.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.