ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Rewind

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/16/16 12:41 AM Views: 1095 Replies: 5
Saturday, July 16, 2016 at 12:41 AM

Apparently because of music rights issues, Rewind is no longer available online and can only be heard over the air on KYW.

Saturday, July 16, 2016 at 12:07 PM - Response #1

I live in Phila - home of KYW/Rewind. A music rights issue. Music industry has been cracking down on podcasters, including archives of radio shows that feature incidental/bumper music, so some radio groups are telling stations not to chance it. Will be on-air only.

Monday, July 18, 2016 at 8:39 AM - Response #2

I hope I am not doing something illegal, but I just made a YouTube playlist of the Top 100 of 1971, which some of is after graduation but oh well. You can find it here https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCOQBhoS76xB08rjKSTTkI6kEj0OxP-cd

Two of them have been deleted and I need to get in there and fix it, but we are 11 days to reunion and I probably won't do it now.

I figure I don't have to worry about Google/You Tube going under (I got more to worry about than a playlist if it does!). Has anyone else done this?

Denise

Monday, July 18, 2016 at 12:39 PM - Response #3

Denise Derge wrote:

I hope I am not doing something illegal, but I just made a YouTube playlist of the Top 100 of 1971, which some of is after graduation but oh well. You can find it here https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCOQBhoS76xB08rjKSTTkI6kEj0OxP-cd

Two of them have been deleted and I need to get in there and fix it, but we are 11 days to reunion and I probably won't do it now.

I figure I don't have to worry about Google/You Tube going under (I got more to worry about than a playlist if it does!). Has anyone else done this?

Denise

Yes, I did the same thing when I started our website and put it on the User Forums.

Monday, July 18, 2016 at 2:24 PM - Response #4

You can actually put that list directly on your page using JVideoPlayer. All you have to do is use the URL as the source and the songs you have in the list will all be retrieved in an easy to select list.

YouTube is why I made the list - keeps you away from copyright issues.

Here's the LINK for how to do this

There's one video that is restricted, by you can find another one that isn't.

Denise Derge wrote:

Denise

Tuesday, July 19, 2016 at 12:26 PM - Response #5

For the time being, we have removed rewind. We will monitor and bring it back if their status changes.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.