ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Can Someone from Class Creator Support Please Say When We'll Stop Having Double Entries on Our Class Sites?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/11/20 04:57 PM Views: 747 Replies: 20
Thursday, June 11, 2020 at 4:57 PM

Kinda self-explanatory.

Thursday, June 11, 2020 at 5:23 PM - Response #1

DITTO

Thursday, June 11, 2020 at 7:11 PM - Response #2

DITTO

Is there anyone out there?

Yes, we know there are problems but we, the paying customer, need someone to tell us what is going on on a regular basis.

How many staff does CC have? Can't you spare one to keep us up to date? This has gone beyond a joke.

Edited 06/11/20 7:19 PM
Thursday, June 11, 2020 at 8:14 PM - Response #3

I agree! When I am told the system is working and it is clearly not, it is time to move on to another tech...if there is one. I simply cannot email my class and have everyone receive the email. That includes fellow administrators! The system is not yet locked down. We are well into week two.... Where is the boss?

Friday, June 12, 2020 at 11:37 PM - Response #4

The email issues should be resolved. If there are specific issues anyone is still having with email please provide details. If you don't want to post them here you can do a contact form with further details. Choose the Email option on this page if you need to include specific email addresses or classmate names.

https://www.classcreator.com/contactus.cfm

What's new look like it was resolved, however, we are still getting a few reports. If you have reports from today 6/12/2020 or after please post them here and I have the team working on this specific issue tagged to review any specifics.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Saturday, June 13, 2020 at 1:17 PM - Response #5

Jessica,

I've mentioned it elsewhere on the Forums but I'll mention it here also, as you asked.

My Notice Board (What's Now) page is still being plagued by duplicates of every post made and some of the posts are not displaying completely and/or are not displaying at all despite my receiving Notifications that they have been posted.

If it's a post I've made it's not showing as being duplicated after I make the post but if I Log Out and then Log In again the post is duplicated. I don't know if it's the same scenario with everyone who posts. I can't show you this as I'm deleting as I go.

Notifications for the posts are also showing the same post at least twice on the same Notification so it looks like the original post and the duplication are being treated as separate posts.

Saturday, June 13, 2020 at 1:42 PM - Response #6

Jessica wrote:

What's new look like it was resolved, however, we are still getting a few reports. If you have reports from today 6/12/2020 or after please post them here and I have the team working on this specific issue tagged to review any specifics.

DITTO
See my posts on other threads regarding identical issues as described above:
DUPE POSTS to Whats New that have also been duped on the profile that they were originally posted to as well as dupe of comments made to the post.
TRUNCATED POSTS particularly those that have been edited.

DUPE NOTIFICATIONS in our inbox for the posts and comments as well.

Edited 06/13/20 1:46 PM
Saturday, June 13, 2020 at 2:11 PM - Response #7

We, too are getting duplicates on Profile pages and in "What's New." I have been deleting as I see them, but not sure if that will stick.

Marsha Thaler
flhs62reunion
Fair Lawn, NJ

Edited 06/13/20 2:11 PM
Saturday, June 13, 2020 at 4:25 PM - Response #8

As of today, June 13, we also continue having duplicate posts from classmates, replying on Whats New. In addition, when I post a photo and video, two posts occur. One post that’s incomplete and one post that is complete with photo and/or video. I continue to delete and on my end, this is taking way too much time. How much longer will this continue?

Edited 06/13/20 4:28 PM
Saturday, June 13, 2020 at 5:12 PM - Response #9

DITTO
Key Member just posted a comment to one classmate post on another classmates profile.
The original Post on the profile duplicated 2 days ago and I deleted the Dupe. but the comment TODAY on the post duplicated on the profile and What's New.

Suffice it to say, some wierd code is causing multiple and various types of Duplication.

Edited 06/13/20 5:13 PM
Saturday, June 13, 2020 at 7:19 PM - Response #10

DITTO! Anyone, please?????

Saturday, June 13, 2020 at 7:41 PM - Response #11

The programmers are working on What's New to resolve the duplicate issue. They had anticipated having it resolved yesterday thus the 6/12 notice. They are able to see the sites affected in their scripts now so we don't need further reports, however, I wanted to be clear they are still working to address it and this is the top item they are working on now. They also have a clean up script that will clean up duplicates that have not been deleted by the admins. They will be focusing on the fix first and then running the script as they are sure the fix is holding. I will post back here when they feel this item is resolved on their end and ask at that time for any new reports to ensure it is resolved across the board.

Jessica

Saturday, June 13, 2020 at 8:54 PM - Response #12

Thanks Jessica,
Will this also address the dupes on the individual profiles that feed to What's new?
Its not just posts only on What's new.

Edited 06/13/20 8:55 PM
Saturday, June 13, 2020 at 11:07 PM - Response #13

Yes it is the same code

Sunday, June 14, 2020 at 8:09 AM - Response #14

I know you've asked for no further reports, Jessica but it's become painful trying to explain to Classmates what's going on when my explanations posted on my Notice Board (What's New)are showing up incomplete. They then point out to me that it doesn't look as if I've finished my explanation, their post pointing it out is then duplicated along with my post saying I know my explanation looks as if it hasn't been completed....................

Tuesday, June 16, 2020 at 10:36 AM - Response #15

Still going on - @ 10:32am
Posted birthday wish to classmate on her profile, upon refresh of page it duplicated as well as on Whats New.

The Cleanup Script Ain't Workin'

Follow up on above:
Deleting dupe from profile also deletes it from Whats new.

Edited 06/16/20 11:16 AM
Tuesday, June 16, 2020 at 3:31 PM - Response #16

As of today, Duplicate posts continue to occur on every facet of our website. Prior to the migration, duplicate posts never occurred. Duplicate posts are annoying and look unprofessional. I remove a duplicate when I see it. How much longer will this continue?

Edited 06/16/20 3:34 PM
Tuesday, June 16, 2020 at 3:55 PM - Response #17

Just now I deleted 43 duplicate posts under Whats New. These were Posts originally posted but lingered looking like posts that were never posted. Please fix this problem. It’s confusing classmates.

Wednesday, June 17, 2020 at 3:24 PM - Response #18

Duplicate Posts: how much longer will this problem continue?

Wednesday, June 17, 2020 at 10:38 PM - Response #19

First time I've had to weigh in on this because our site isn't real active right now, but a classmate's birthday messages on other classmates profiles today were duplicates.

Thursday, June 18, 2020 at 6:47 AM - Response #20

I deleted a duplicated post from my Notice Board (What's New) page that also seems to have deleted the one above it. I'm losing my mind. Aaaagh!!

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.