ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

CKFINDER

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 05/27/16 07:28 AM Views: 1373 Replies: 18
Friday, May 27, 2016 at 7:28 AM

I've just noticed the new look File Vault with CKFinder File Manager and it looks good. What I can't seem to find is something that tells me what what capacity my vault is at.

Please advise.

Friday, May 27, 2016 at 7:50 AM - Response #1

This information has always been found at the bottom of the Gallery Creator (as well as the File Vault). I will suggest to the programmer to see if it can be added back in to the File Vault.

Friday, May 27, 2016 at 8:37 AM - Response #2

The information is also available on the SUBSCRIPTION page.

Friday, May 27, 2016 at 8:37 AM - Response #3

I just looked at the new CK Finder. Thank you for this wonderful time-saving addition! I'm actually looking forward to cleaning up the file vault now. Very Happy

Friday, May 27, 2016 at 8:41 AM - Response #4

Remember if you "Clean up" the file vault, anywhere those images/files are referenced or displaying on your website, the images/links will stop working if you change the name or move the file or delete the file from your file vault. Make sure the file is not referenced anywhere before deleting the file.

Friday, May 27, 2016 at 8:45 AM - Response #5

Yes, I just discovered that and had to reload four from the Trash. Lesson learned!

Friday, May 27, 2016 at 8:48 AM - Response #6

be careful!

Friday, May 27, 2016 at 10:08 AM - Response #7

So sometimes recommendations are followed up on Very Happy LINK

Friday, May 27, 2016 at 10:59 AM - Response #8

Thanks, Kyle. Would make life a little easier.

Friday, May 27, 2016 at 12:10 PM - Response #9

As an unexpected surprise, there is now a way to use photos on your site pages that have been uploaded to your Gallery Creator files. This means that you also have the ability to edit the images. Since the images in the Gallery Creator can be edited using the Photo Editor, you now upload any images in need of being edited to a Gallery Creator gallery, edit the photo, and then use it elsewhere on the site. This should come in very handy. Watch: http://screencast.com/t/z3IlJs9l

Friday, May 27, 2016 at 12:13 PM - Response #10

I notice that I have multiple copies of some jpg's in the file vault and I don't know which ones are actually linked and on what pages.

How do I find this out so I don't delete a file that's still being used on a site page? Running around looking for absent pictures is a hit or miss proposition.

Friday, May 27, 2016 at 12:20 PM - Response #11

Unfortunately, that will be very hit and miss. You would be best served to locate the pages in the system where these images reside before deleting the extra images. Then, right click the image to see the image properties and inspect the file name. Be sure to note if the name has been appended with a 1,2 etc. The duplicate images will have a 1,2 etc appended in the file vault. Deleting the live image will obviously result in a broken image on the page. Additionally, if you intend to create file folders and move images around in the CKFINDER, moving the images to the new folder will not update the source code for the page that uses the image and will result in a broken image.

Friday, May 27, 2016 at 12:40 PM - Response #12

That does highlight a possibility though, Scott. In future, when adding new images to a particular page I'll save them in a Vault file for that particular page and do the same if I use the same image elsewhere on the site. That way when it comes to duplicate images I should only be deleting those copies applicable to a given page. However, that will mean using more file space than if I just used one image and duplicated it on various pages but it might be worthwhile if anyone's in the habit of repeating the image on a few different pages but are worried that if they delete the image they will be deleting all copies of it. I have a number of pages on my site and include a lot of information on them and it's often easy to forget exactly where I've placed an image if I've used it more than once.

Friday, May 27, 2016 at 1:48 PM - Response #13

Talking about that, it would be NICE to give a choice to REPLACE or stop the upload if a duplicate name is encountered. The 1,2,etc thing causes a lot of extra work plus it leads to the duplicate issue mentioned.

That's the one thing that is not fixed/improved - yet is very simple to do since there is code already there to detect a duplicate Idea (I'm assuming CC probably bought access to the source code).

Scott Mastenbrook wrote:

Be sure to note if the name has been appended with a 1,2 etc. The duplicate images will have a 1,2 etc appended in the file vault.

Edited 05/27/16 1:50 PM
Friday, May 27, 2016 at 1:51 PM - Response #14

(oops, clicked the save too soon.)

A cross-reference tool listing the image and the page(s) used would also be very handy and also pretty easy to code.

Making CC easier to use and manage will improve things quite a bit in many ways.

Scott Mastenbrook wrote:

Unfortunately, that will be very hit and miss. You would be best served to locate the pages in the system where these images reside before deleting the extra images.

Edited 05/27/16 1:54 PM
Friday, May 27, 2016 at 6:47 PM - Response #15

How do I upload a photo from the file vault now. I am using an IPad and do no see a button to load it to a page. Only to upload it to one of the options on my iPad.

Friday, May 27, 2016 at 8:15 PM - Response #16

Isn't your editor dialog the same as shown in that video?

It's the same as before, just the gallery thing has been added.

Friday, May 27, 2016 at 11:44 PM - Response #17

Randy,

UPLOAD means to move from your personal computer or iPad to the file vault. DOWNLOAD means to move from the file vault to your computer.
SELECT means to insert the image to the page you are editing.

On a normal computer, you would double click the image to insert the image to the page you are editing. On the iPad, you should see a small triangle in the top left corner, touch the triangle and a menu will drop down and you can select the image to your editor.

Saturday, May 28, 2016 at 5:34 PM - Response #18

Thank you Kyle.

Randy

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.