ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

issue

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/15/13 10:12 AM Views: 823 Replies: 7
Tuesday, January 15, 2013 at 10:12 AM

One of our ADMIN is having a problem when he gets on our site. I am hearing this second hand so I am not exactly sure I am saying this right. He tells me that when he goes to the site his software (I think McAffee) tells him the site is not trusted. When he gets on the site he sees something at the bottom of the screen that says something about "classmates". He has scanned for virus and turn on his pop up blocker. He is a little frustrated. Any suggestions?

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 at 12:16 PM - Response #1

I also have McAffee on my machine and I cannot recreate the issue. Maybe he can pull some screen caps for us? What browser and version number does he use?

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 at 12:36 PM - Response #2

Could it be that he was trying to manually block Classmates.com and blocked the word "classmate" rather than the address?

Edited 01/15/13 1:08 PM
Tuesday, January 15, 2013 at 1:06 PM - Response #3

It may be his security settings. He can add the site to his trusted sites. I get this frequently, even from sites like Adobe.

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 at 1:09 PM - Response #4

Depending on the Browser, the level of trust can be set manually. If at any time, you have indicted whether knowingly or accidentally that you wish the site to be listed as untrustworthy the Browser will continue that selection until changed. Then there are certificates of trust that are issued without your action. If the issuing process has a bug then you will receive such errors. I have had this problem but not in the last few years. Get the details and then cure the problem with exact knowledge.

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 at 3:39 PM - Response #5

EDIT ADD:
"TO RAY:"
As to the "classmates" at the bottom of the screen, I wonder...
Is this classmate familiar with the #of classmates on the site box that has been at the bottom of the screen? If not, he may be noticing it simply because the McAfee notification made him more aware.

If the classmates on line box is minimized at the bottom of the page, many classmates do not notice it. I have actually called one to ask why they were not replying. One guess why... Rolling Eyes

Edited 01/15/13 6:18 PM
Tuesday, January 15, 2013 at 4:39 PM - Response #6

This is exactly the sort of thing that *cannot* be usefully answered without knowing EXACTLY what is going on on the machine having the problem.

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 at 12:28 PM - Response #7

I am trying to get him to take a picture of it.
Thanks all

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.