ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Bounceback emails

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/25/12 11:32 AM Views: 1585 Replies: 14
Wednesday, July 25, 2012 at 11:32 AM

I've been getting a number of bounceback notices in my box (presumably because I'm the admin) and don't know how to approach it. I don't want to ignore them, but could they all be entering their address incorrectly?

I'm not savvy enough to be able to look at the details to determine what is causing them, but can you? Any help you can give me would be really appreciated. I'm just afraid that someone is trying to get a hold of them, or vice versa and this is standing in the way. Thanks.

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 at 11:59 AM - Response #1

We are working with Comcast to resolve this issue. Bounce blocked for affected addresses will be removed when the issue is resolved.

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 at 4:01 PM - Response #2

Eric - Comcast is not the only one! Mediacom, Earthlink, Cox Communications and more are either being blocked and bounced back or being blocked and sent to the JUNK folders and therefore aren't being received by those using email clients such as Outlook, Windows Live, etc. Will CC acknowledge that this goes beyond Comcast?

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 at 4:04 PM - Response #3

We were already aware that gmail was routing messages from our servers to their users' spam folders. The Comcast issue is about actually refusing to deliver at all and sending bounce messages. This is a multifaceted problem, and we are doing our best to deal with it on all fronts. The Comcast issue is the most critical, because the end user/recipient has no ability to change it, whereas the email services that are merely routing the messages to spam folders allow users to implement filters on their own email to prevent that.

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 at 7:22 PM - Response #4

Thanks for raising this issue.

My bounced emails have escalated recently with the three main culprits being Comcast,net, Plus.com and one I think is primarily a UK provider, Tesco.net.

All are being treated as SPAM.

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 at 8:47 PM - Response #5

I put a filter on my Mediacom email, but it doesn't keep it from going into the JUNK folder. I'm still waiting to hear back from Mediacom. They have horrible customer service. I was told to wait 48 hours before calling back. Sad UGH.

Edited 07/25/12 8:49 PM
Wednesday, July 25, 2012 at 11:06 PM - Response #6

Both my husband and I are getting the bounceback warning that our e-mails are being bouncedback. We are both @embarqmail.com, and are both administrators. I can't figure out what the bounceback message means. Can you help us?
Linda

Thursday, July 26, 2012 at 2:10 AM - Response #7

I have two bouncebacks - they are both from Comcast email addresses - the subject was Birthdays. Neither person had a birthday this month or next, so I'm confused as to why the system would be sending the email in the first place?

Thursday, July 26, 2012 at 12:59 PM - Response #8

All of your bounces from the last few days have been removed. If they reoccur in the same pattern, then please let us know. We are working with Comcast and other email providers to resolve this issue. Bounce blocked for affected addresses will be removed again when the issue is resolved.

Monday, July 30, 2012 at 11:02 PM - Response #9

This is very strange! Yesterday the error box was gone, but today it is back!

Linda King

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 at 10:40 AM - Response #10

When the box is gone, it means we have removed the bounce block. If it comes back, it means that your email is still (or again) bouncing and the block has been placed again.

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 at 6:37 PM - Response #11

Is there something I should be doing to get our embarqmail.com e-mail addresses working?

Linda

Wednesday, August 1, 2012 at 11:42 AM - Response #12

There's nothing you can do if your email provider is bouncing messages because it believes they are spam. We are working to trace the source of the information which identifies us as spammers and correct it. In the meantime, I have removed the bounces for you, but they may reoccur right away if the problem has not been adequately addressed.

Thursday, August 2, 2012 at 9:34 AM - Response #13

Hi Eric. I sent a email thru Contact Us earlier this am - hoping someone @ CC can spell out what all the issues are involving bouncebacks. I am the Root Admin for 3 sites (www.efclassof72.com; www.efhs1973.com, and www.wachoviaoldgang.com) On the EFHS '72 site - when I click within the 'bounceback message' - I'm seeing the email address for a member of the Wachovia Old Gang site. I spoke with somneone @ CC yesterday trying to better understand the problem. While I know you guys are spendinhg countless hours in resolving all issues -- could you provide an overall statement on what all the issues are .

Thanks much
Irma

Thursday, August 2, 2012 at 10:48 AM - Response #14

I replied to that message a few minutes ago.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.