ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Need help with PowerPoint trivia game

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/18/10 06:53 PM Views: 1378 Replies: 4
Thursday, March 18, 2010 at 6:53 PM

I'm truly self-taught in most computer applications, which is both a blessing and a curse! I'm working on a trivia game, using PowerPoint, to fill dead time during my class reunion and need some help from an expert or two out there!

Each slide has a question and four answer choices. I want each wrong answer choice to "fly out" in a timed fashion, leaving only the correct answer on the screen. This part I can do with ease.

I need to know how to set up the slides so that people have 15 seconds to read the question before the answers start "flying out" one at a time, and the process needs to be automated so I don't have to babysit the computer.

How is this done? Am I making sense? OY!

Kelly

Thursday, March 18, 2010 at 7:41 PM - Response #1
test.ppt

Have each of your fly-ins set to enter "after the previous". Select all of them, and change the timing to DELAY by 15 seconds.

Hope this helps.

Kevin

Thursday, March 18, 2010 at 8:11 PM - Response #2

Not sure if this would work or not, but what if you duplicated the entire slide--the first one goes to the second after 15 seconds, then the second you start flying out the incorrect answers.

Good Luck!

Thursday, March 18, 2010 at 8:13 PM - Response #3

forgot to mention: the easiest way to duplicate an entire slide is to click on the small slide image that appears on the left, CTRL+C (Copy), and then CTRL+V (Insert/Paste).

Friday, March 19, 2010 at 7:51 PM - Response #4

A co-worker who is a genius in PowerPoint helped me with the timings of the slides. Thanks to those who offered assistance!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.