ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Unable to insert pictures

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 12/14/11 05:39 PM Views: 1185 Replies: 3
Wednesday, December 14, 2011 at 5:39 PM

I have some pictures (jpg) that I had previously uploaded to the file vault but when I try to insert them into a forum topic nothing happens. They don't expand to show the picture, nor do I get the 'insert' box. I uploaded these during the time that the editor was being changed and couldn't edit the forum post. Would that have done something to the file that keeps it from working now? There are others old ones that do work OK.

Let me know if I should re-upload those pictures.

Thanks,
Jim

Topic: More Kay's Krafty Krafts > upload > folder: Kay's crafts - paintings.

Saturday, December 17, 2011 at 12:35 AM - Response #1

I tried uploading one of the same photos in a new folder and it did the same thing. I can't click on it and see it or insert it ??

Saturday, December 17, 2011 at 10:14 PM - Response #2

Jim,

I looked at the File Vault and there is a Java Script error on the File Vault whenever you go into one of these directories and click on an image:
Kay's_Crafts_-_Misc
Kay's_Crafts_-_Paintings
Kay's_Crafts_-_Paintings_2
Kay's_Quilts
New_Year's_images

The common element is the APOSTROPHE. Until this bug is fixed, don't use any apostrophes (single quotes) in the directory name of the File Vault.

If the images still work when you use them on a content page, you can continue using these directories. If not, I would rename the directory, upload the files again, then delete the bad directory and files.

I will ask the programmer to look into this and see if single quotes be allowed.

Monday, December 19, 2011 at 1:04 AM - Response #3

Jim,

The programmer has fixed this. The SINGLE QUOTE problem is now fixed and you should be able to insert any of the images you were having problems with.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.