ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

What's New? Smileys

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 03/04/18 11:33 AM Views: 4011 Replies: 4
Sunday, March 4, 2018 at 11:33 AM

Members sometimes try to add Smileys to their comments on my Notice Board (What's New) page but they revert to text when the comment is posted. Is there a way of making them stay as the Smiley they were intending?

Sunday, March 4, 2018 at 12:26 PM - Response #1

Very Happy just to get a link for testing.

Sunday, March 4, 2018 at 12:35 PM - Response #2

I'm assuming they enter [ : ) less space ] Smile that gets converted to a smiley on this forum?

Unless the shorthand "text" is supported, you won't see the graphic.

There is one way to do that, but not exactly user friendly. Insert the actual code that generated the smiley. That's why I posted the earlier code - to see the code. This is what is behind that image (minus some stuff we don't need).

So if you type "some text" and follow that with the "img" code you will see a smiley. OR any other image. The next line shows one I borrowed from FB to show how that works.

This is just how it would look: 'img' following test

Edited 03/04/18 12:40 PM
Sunday, March 4, 2018 at 12:52 PM - Response #3

You could give them a list of images on the top Message they can copy and paste or make a page? Still a bit awkward.

Or CC could add emoji support to "What's New" Idea

Sunday, March 4, 2018 at 3:07 PM - Response #4

Jack Vermeulen wrote:

Or CC could add emoji support to "What's New" Idea

Could - and should. Quite a few classmates are entering profile messages and comments these days with emojis from smartphones, tablets, and keyboard shortcuts - and they just display as question marks.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.