ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Access to Admin. forums by none root admins.

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 10/11/11 03:21 AM Views: 1372 Replies: 9
Tuesday, October 11, 2011 at 3:21 AM

Hi. This may sound a little bit strange but I'm just checking: Can none root adminstrators who I have appointed my fellow Class Creator class website administrators access these forums, such as the one we are using right here? (I've informed them about the forums and given them the ability to participate, to the best of my knowledge. Maybe they just don't want to use them. I am curious. So if someone could please shed some light on how it works, it would be appreciated.)

Edited 10/11/11 3:23 AM
Tuesday, October 11, 2011 at 3:32 AM - Response #1

I don't know if it's an option or not. Assuming it is not: I'm not root and I'm mostly the only one that looks/posts here. So probably a personal comfort level or as you say, just don't want to?

Tuesday, October 11, 2011 at 3:54 AM - Response #2

Thanks Jack. I figured it was that but just wanted to see from someone else's perspective. Take care.

Tuesday, October 11, 2011 at 8:10 AM - Response #3

When you grant Admin Rights (on the Manage Classmates, Enter/Edit Classmates, then DETAILS page), you can grant access to the HELP FORUMS. If they then click that link, they can look at these forums.

I think that all that is required is that they have been granted admin access. Then they could sign in by using this link:
http://forums.classcreator.com/forums.cfm

I suppose that most don't is because they aren't interested.

Tuesday, October 11, 2011 at 9:16 AM - Response #4

Gary,

I'm certainly hours late in helping you. I was going to give the info here until I realized it would be a good topic for our Admin Chats. So you will find a post I have in the Admin Forums of the Chat site HERE. It gives detailed info with a view that Jack and other non-Root Admins may appreciate. Smile

Admins: If you are not a Chat site member, please feel free to join the site. The site is our place to chat among ourselves, as this forum does not have chat features.

Edited 10/11/11 9:25 AM
Tuesday, October 11, 2011 at 10:46 AM - Response #5

Thanks Kyle and Gwen. (Well, I guess then that my other committee members, who requested to be made part of our "adminstrative team", as we call it, are not interested in reading these forums, even though they say they are and do. Suppose all I can hope for then is that some day they will decide to participate here.)

Tuesday, October 11, 2011 at 10:11 PM - Response #6

Gary, I think some of mine are just lurkers!

Margaret

Tuesday, October 11, 2011 at 10:18 PM - Response #7

I'm getting tired of what I usually say... one step at a time.

Isn't it about time?

Wednesday, October 12, 2011 at 12:06 AM - Response #8

Margaret Ann Swanzey wrote:

Gary, I think some of mine are just lurkers!

Margaret

Interesting Margaret but I would not say mine act that way.

Edited 10/12/11 12:07 AM
Wednesday, October 12, 2011 at 12:13 AM - Response #9

Gwen Corey wrote:

I'm getting tired of what I usually say... one step at a time.

Isn't it about time?

Hi Gwen. Not sure what you mean here. If it's about time they start to particpate in these forums and / or that we close this thread? LOL! I agree. Yes. I here you when you use the one step at a time reasoning too.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.