ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Trying to upload picture, hangs up after uploading

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/04/09 02:15 PM Views: 1261 Replies: 4
Saturday, April 4, 2009 at 2:15 PM

As administrator (and a VERY new one), I'm trying to upload a classmate's picture to his profile, even though he has not registered yet. I'm in the "Manage Classmates" section. The messages indicate that 100% of the file has uploaded, but after that, there is abnsolutely nothing I can do. Help??? Thanks.

Saturday, April 4, 2009 at 2:20 PM - Response #1

Welcome Pamela.

What is the Classmate's name, and after you load the photo, what do you mean by there is absolutley nothing you can do? What is it you're trying to do that you can't do? Is there a problem with the photo, or are you seeing the photo ok?

Saturday, April 4, 2009 at 2:55 PM - Response #2

The classmate's name is Fred Lentz. I uploaded the picture, but it never showed up. The program performed the upload (or at least indicated as it was doing it and told me that it was 100% done); however, the minute it showed 100%, when it should have been showing me the picture and allowing me to put on a caption, it did absolutely nothing, and I had to pull up the task manager to totally get out of IE (it also does it in AOL). When I go back in, there is still no picture. I left one session up to see what might happen, and finally saw an I/O error -- I think it 2038 or 2058. Does that help?

Saturday, April 4, 2009 at 9:10 PM - Response #3

Yes. An I/O error generally means that either your connection timed out, or our system timed out. And that generally means you're trying to upload a very large image scan to the system, or a supersized digital photograph. Please try resizing the image down to 1,000 pixels wide before uploading. You can do this in any digital camera software or other imaging program. If you need a good free image resizing program try Irfanview from www.irfanview.com.

Saturday, April 4, 2009 at 10:38 PM - Response #4

Thanks, Brad. I'll look at that.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.