ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Statistics on link access

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 04/10/17 10:13 AM Views: 1147 Replies: 20
Monday, April 10, 2017 at 10:13 AM

Is it possible to get statistics on the number of times a link is selected to see what features of a site are being used the most?

Monday, April 10, 2017 at 10:56 AM - Response #1

Google Analytics should be giving you this information.

Monday, April 10, 2017 at 11:44 AM - Response #2

Thanks Kyle,
I forgot I even had Google Analytics. lI pasted it a long time ago and have never used it since.
However, after viewing several posts about statistics I saw there is supposed to be a link to it on the Statistics Page. I don't have one on my Stats Page.

Monday, April 10, 2017 at 12:01 PM - Response #3

Hi Earl,

We don't link to it from the stats page. You can go to their site directly at: http://www.google.com/analytics/

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Monday, April 10, 2017 at 12:06 PM - Response #4

Has that changed since this post?

Link to Google Analytics (entered by F C Bock on 04/12/13 06:58 PM)

Monday, April 10, 2017 at 12:49 PM - Response #5

Their site is confusing and a bit overwhelming. If you're a marketer with a budget of thousands of dollar$ a month, they love you.

But with no budget to spend, I'm unable to figure out what's available for free?

Can anybody help or lay out a plan?

Edited 04/10/17 12:49 PM
Monday, April 10, 2017 at 1:57 PM - Response #6
Link to Analytics.JPG

Earl Porter wrote:

Has that changed since this post?

Link to Google Analytics (entered by F C Bock on 04/12/13 06:58 PM)

I still have the link as you can see on the attached screenshot I just took on my Statistics page.

Monday, April 10, 2017 at 2:08 PM - Response #7

Maybe the Google Analytics code that FC is using is the correct code that is being checked for in order to display that button. Maybe there is more updated code that can/should be inserted to your Preferences page.

Monday, April 10, 2017 at 2:26 PM - Response #8

Maybe the Google Analytics code that FC is using is the correct code that is being checked for in order to display that button. Maybe there is more updated code that can/should be inserted to your Preferences page.

Monday, April 10, 2017 at 2:45 PM - Response #9

Kyle Erickson wrote:

Don't know if there is more updated code or not but I have made no changes since I initially inserted the Analytics code more than four years ago.

Monday, April 10, 2017 at 4:12 PM - Response #10

The trigger that brings up the "More statistics in Google Analytics" has been updated, so that the link should appear if you have Google Analytics in your Preferences window.

Monday, April 10, 2017 at 4:13 PM - Response #11

The trigger that brings up the "More statistics in Google Analytics" has been updated, so that the link should appear if you have Google Analytics in your Preferences window.

Monday, April 10, 2017 at 5:14 PM - Response #12

Kyle,
To use StatCounter,did you just paste their code below the Google Analytical code on the Preferences Page, and does this give you the opportunity to sign into either site to see the respective stats or must you use only one set of code on the Preferences Page?

Monday, April 10, 2017 at 6:36 PM - Response #13

I have both Stat Counter and Google Analytic code on my PREFERENCES page. I can log in to each of the different websites to see the different statistics.

Monday, April 10, 2017 at 6:37 PM - Response #14

Make sure you isolate all of the codes, so you don't paste one piece of code inside of another piece of code or you might mess yourself up.

Tuesday, April 11, 2017 at 10:18 AM - Response #15

Thanks again Kyle,
I pasted the StatCounter code right after the Google code. I assumed that with both of them a bit more processing time for each page will take place but I'm sure that will not be noticeable.

Tuesday, April 25, 2017 at 1:56 PM - Response #16

Kyle,
Where exactly does the StatCounter code get placed in an html document?
If I want to incorporate the StatCounter code in an html document I write should it go in the head or body section?

Tuesday, April 25, 2017 at 2:55 PM - Response #17

Earl,

I don't think it matters, as long as you don't paste the StatCounter code INSIDE of already existing codes. Paste it either at the very beginning or at the very end of the editor if you don't know where it should go.

The PREFERENCES editor (where you put Stat Counter and Google Analytics codes) does not put the codes in the "head" or "body". It puts it where it belongs, but you shouldn't be allowed to put HTML "head" and "body" codes in that editor window.

Tuesday, April 25, 2017 at 4:14 PM - Response #18

Kyle,
You mis-understand me. I don't want to put any code in any of the ClassCreator pages. I want to use the StatCounter code in some html code I already have on my own computer.
I have a website I created a long time ago (before I was involved with CC) but never had a way to track access on my site. I just thought maybe I could incorporate the StatCounter code in my xxx.html document to accomplish it.

Tuesday, April 25, 2017 at 5:36 PM - Response #19

If it is for your personal (non-classcreator) website, I don't think it matters if it is in the "head" or "body". It is JavaScript code that is inserted and I think that can go anywhere. If not, you can try it one place and if that doesn't work, try the other place.

Wednesday, April 26, 2017 at 10:33 AM - Response #20

I was thinking the same thing after looking at the actual code and realizing that it was a script. I have several <script>'s in the heading section so that is where I will try it.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.