ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Memory Table Suggestions

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/18/10 11:19 AM Views: 3647 Replies: 11
Thursday, March 18, 2010 at 11:19 AM

I am in charge of a memory table for our final high school reunion. As there are so many names, I am finding it impossible to get photos of each person. Does anyone have some suggestions for me? I would really appreciate any input. Thanks in advance.

Thursday, March 18, 2010 at 12:48 PM - Response #1

Hello! We listed each name in a nice script font and framed it in a nice frame. We had white roses and white votives on the "In Memory" table along with some greens.

Best of luck.

Tam

Thursday, March 18, 2010 at 1:16 PM - Response #2

I too am in charge of our memory table. Haven't decided, but here are the thoughts I have so far ...
1) A 6' memory table with black photo frames of each classmate, and at the bottom a 2" area with their names, and any bit of info I have about them. If there is no photo, I could put a man/woman silhouette along with their name and info.
The table will also have a large votive and candle in the middle, with small votives inbetween each photo frame.
2) I am going to make felt(?) pennants (triangular) with embroidered names of each person and their years of living 1957 - 2010. Possibly do this instead of the framed photos and make one banner per person with their photo (copied and glued or stitched onto the banner). We only have 13 deceased classmates. I will do a purple banner with white stitching because that's our school colors.
Or, I could do just one pennant or banner with all 13 names embroidered on, without photos.
I happen to have a sewing machine that embroiders.
If you don't have one, you could take to a promotions shop that does stitching and ask how much they would charge. I don't think it is very costly.

I see that you mention this is your FINAL reunion. If so, no need to go all out ... why not just list the names on a 24"x18" beautiful sheet of paper with roses next to their name and their years of living 1934 - 2010. Could be framed and placed on the wall.

Thursday, March 18, 2010 at 2:37 PM - Response #3

Hi, We are having a multi-year reunion picnic style. We have over 200 deceased classmates and teachers. I'm using 20x30 Foamcore boards each with a "In Memory" header/banner, then a small sign that states "Class of 19XX" one for each year. I added two photos on one 4x6 print and including their name, class year and birth and death year. I sent the photos to "See Here" to have them printed. I then cut them in half and matted them with black cardstock and attached them to the foamcore. We plan to hang them throughout the reunion venue area.

Thursday, March 18, 2010 at 2:46 PM - Response #4

I have a very small school even though it is 8 classes. We have about 6 that have passed away including a teacher. Ill set up a lovely memorial table with the best and most recent pictures I can find. But what I do plan to do is buy engraved hard cover books (with lined pages) for classmates to say a goodbye or account something from the past about the deceased. I will present(mail) these books to a member of their family (mother, wife, husband, child ect)

Thursday, March 18, 2010 at 5:37 PM - Response #5

What I originally had in mind was a slide show on the computer screen with everyone's pic. However it is impossible to contact all these people. I found a great slide show site, and I was hoping that I could find a site that allows me to add names and have them come up on the screen, one name at a time and have some beautiful background music playing.It seems like every slide show site I've found only pertains to pictures. Keep your suggestions coming.I appreciate each and every one of them.
Thank you.

Thursday, March 18, 2010 at 6:17 PM - Response #6

You can make a graphic image of someone's name by using a graphic edit program, typing the person's name in a fancy font in the graphic edit program, then saving the image as a graphic. Then you can use your slide show program to use the names and display them.

Thursday, March 18, 2010 at 6:27 PM - Response #7

Hi Kyle,
Since I'm not computer savvy, could you tell me where I would get such a program and perhaps have someone help me with this? Is this something I can download onto my computer?

Thursday, March 18, 2010 at 7:22 PM - Response #8

Diane Michiels wrote:

Hi Kyle,
Since I'm not computer savvy, could you tell me where I would get such a program and perhaps have someone help me with this? Is this something I can download onto my computer?

One free graphic editing program is irfanview. You can download a free copy from www.irfanview.com.

Then you just need to follow these steps.
1. Choose Image/Create new Image
2. give a width/height you want to create your image
3. Select an area with the mouse
4. Edit/Insert Text into selection
5. Type the text, choose font & colors
6. Crop the image (resize the photo)
7. Save the new photo.

Friday, March 19, 2010 at 3:22 PM - Response #9

At our class reunion we scanned each picture from our senior yearbook and framed. Each picture was placed in front of a vase with white roses. A presentation was made by the person in charge of the memory table, each picture was shown on a big screen with music playing softly in the background and as this was happening a person walked in carrying the vase with flowers and placed behind the picture. Made quite a statement and everyone really liked it. The picture frames were already setting on the table and people were amazed at how many had passed in our class. To check it our visit our website on the memory page. Hope this helps give you some ideas.

Thursday, April 1, 2010 at 10:40 AM - Response #10

From our person in charge of this:

Five years ago, we had a beautiful fresh flower arrangement on the table with calligraphy cards with our classmates name scattered around the table. We had extra cards for people to write down names we didn't have out on.

This year we will have a silk flower arrangement in a crystal vase, then tea lights sitting on top of mirrors and we are making place card holders to hold the name tags with the photos and name of our classmates on it. Also on the table their will be a crystal cross in front of the flower arrangement.

Hope this helps

Sunday, February 19, 2012 at 7:13 PM - Response #11

We are going to print the names tags of our deceased classmates just as if they were still with us and incorporate those into our "Memory Table". No decision yet exactly what we will do but the name tags are the foundation of what we hope will be a fitting tribute to them.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.