ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Notifications On or Off

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 05/27/14 12:24 PM Views: 791 Replies: 1
Tuesday, May 27, 2014 at 12:24 PM

When someone registers or updates on our class site, lse78.com they have the option to let people know they have joined or updated. Once I verify them, I have that same option:
Show this change as a profile update in the "Profile Updates" box on the home page, as well as notify classmates subscribed to this profile that it has been updated.
I almost always leave that as "no" unless they are new to the page. My changes are usually to correct spelling, grammar, formatting errors, maiden/married name reversed, etc. That doesn't need to show as an update, least of all to the classmate!
So, on the class website I updated minor formatting on a classmates page and chose not to show the update. It saved and does not list except on the homepage. You'd have to log in and go look to see any changes were made.
However, about ten minutes later I got a notification on FB through Class Connection that there were new sign ups. Both the "new signups" were ones that I had just verified and saved but did not select YES to post and notify class. Both of these signed up through class connection, although they already had a profile on our class creator site. Aren't they asked to search for their name and doesn't it tell them if they are already registered?
Now I have to email both of them and say I'm going to delete one profile-the newest one that only has minimal info (and also one picture each-neither of which shows up on the class creator website)because they appear as two different people, one with maiden name and one without.
I don't want changes that I made as admin to show up as a profile change on either site! I will deal with the two profiles-deleting one with their permission.

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 at 2:36 PM - Response #1

Thanks. I will have the programmer investigate.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.