ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

New Photo Gallery Issues

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/27/10 12:42 PM Views: 1382 Replies: 3
Wednesday, January 27, 2010 at 12:42 PM

Thanks for adding this great feature. Some questions and issues.

1. When a Photo Navigation link is enabled, the Edit Site Page will not disable it.

2. When photo galleries within a Photo Navigation link are enabled, and you select the Photo Navigation link from the Edit Site Page to have it disabled (though as #1 states does not work - it toggles back on automatically), it disables all the photo galleries within it. Can these be kept enabled if its Photo Navigation link is disabled?

3. The password protect on the Edit Site Page does not work with Photo Navigation links.

4. The ordering arrows on the Photo Gallery Maker page causes the error "Error 404 - Page Not Found. We're sorry, but the web page or file you have requested could not be found on our server. This may be a permanent condition. If you click here and see a "Maintenance", the file was not found because we are performing system maintenance. Otherwise, it is likely the web page or file you've requested is simply no longer available."

5. Are the photos stored as part of the 200MB storage limit. If so, where does one go to determine how much space has been used and how much space is still available?

Maybe it's just my site which is having the first 4 issues, but wanted to check.

Wednesday, January 27, 2010 at 3:32 PM - Response #1

Shhhhhhh. The Photo Gallery Maker is only live on 20% of sites. It will be live on the rest shortly. We're installing some things over the next couple days including a new uploader/editor that's very cool. Any kinks you're seeing will be gone, if they're not on Friday let me know. I haven't even announced this feature yet. We put it live on only 20% of sites knowing some people like yourself would stumble across it. It allows us to gather some real world data before we take the new feature live globally.

Edited 01/27/10 3:38 PM
Wednesday, January 27, 2010 at 3:36 PM - Response #2

Oh, I will go ahead and answer #5 now. Yes, anything uploaded through this new Photo Gallery Feature goes directly into your File Vault. File Vault is really a function of your editor, so to look at used space and available space you'd still have to go into edit mode for any page. Thinking about this though, what we should do is append the current File Vault usage and the available File Vault space to the bottom of the main Photo Gallery table. That way you'd always be able to see at a glance exactly what you're using and what you have available. I'll ask the programmer to add that down there.

Wednesday, January 27, 2010 at 5:34 PM - Response #3

Thanks Brad. I'll keep this hush-hush and whisper it to you. I went to the File Vault and did not see the photos I uploaded to my gallery. It only shows the images which I have been using on the other pages. Just so you know. Looking forward to the changes.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.