ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Missing Classmates list

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/13/09 12:47 PM Views: 1501 Replies: 6
Friday, February 13, 2009 at 12:47 PM

Our list shows every classmate, not only the ones I specified as having no address. On my page the ones with no addresses show in lighter print than the others, but that is not carrying over to my other Admin.'s page. Can I remove other names or designate those missing by an asterisk or some other sign? I don't know if that different print will show up on everyone's information and having every name will be very confusing. Any thoughts?

Friday, February 13, 2009 at 1:02 PM - Response #1

You have the wrong critera set on your Missing Classmates page. You need to select the 2nd radio button, not the 4th. To fix this:

1) Click on Edit Site Pages
2) Click the Edit button next to your Missing Classmates page
3) Change your criteria to the second radio button

Note, the link color on your Classmates name is only different sometimes because you've clicked on those names and visited those Classmates Profiles. When you click on a link, the link will turn a slightly different color to give you an indication of what links you have and haven't clicked on. It's just a usability thing. If you want to reset all of your links back to an "unvisited" state, simply clear your browser's history and all of the colors will revert to their default blue color.

Saturday, February 14, 2009 at 9:58 AM - Response #2

Thanks for your quick response, Brad. What we were hoping to be able to do was list just the "Missing Classmates". Can that be done? Or is there some other way to designate those names if we need to keep the full list? What we really need are home addresses more than email addresses. This is totally new to the other Admin and myself, so we appreciate any help you can give us.

Bonnie

Saturday, February 14, 2009 at 10:10 AM - Response #3

Bonnie,

If you want to consider Missing Classmates to be those Classmates with no street address in the system, then you want to select the third radio button in your Missing Classmates edit area. By default Missing Classmate means a Classmate who has not joined your web site. But as you can see, some sites want to consider Missing Classmates to be a variety of different things, so you have several options from which to choose.

Note: In some cases you may want to consider a Classmate not missing even if the Classmate is technically missing per the criteria you have chosen. If you ever have this scenario, simply enter "notmissing" in the email address field for the Classmate, and the Classmate will be removed from the Missing Classmates list even though they meet your Missing Classmate criteria.

Saturday, February 14, 2009 at 7:32 PM - Response #4

Brad, Thanks again for your help. I will go through the list and follow your instructions. I've already changed the switch.

Appreciate it,
Bonnie

Saturday, April 27, 2013 at 12:02 AM - Response #5

I there an easy way top download a list of missing classmates?
Either into an
.xls or .doc
I don't find this feature in the
Manage Classmates - DOWNLOAD CLASS LIST section.

I want to create a scrolling marquee of missing classmates on the home page.

Can code be placed in an announcement? [probably not]

Thanks,
Steve

Saturday, April 27, 2013 at 12:16 AM - Response #6

There is a code for that. Just use one of these codes in your marquee and it will automatically fill in your missing classmates for you.

$missing_names$ --- Lastname, firstname
$missing_names_firstname$ --- Firstname Lastname

For Multi-year websites, add the 4-digit year code:
$missing_names_firstname_1991$

Yes, it should work in an announcement.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.