ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Why is there a User Forum and Message Forum?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/08/12 12:59 PM Views: 1530 Replies: 8
Sunday, January 8, 2012 at 12:59 PM

What are the differences of these two forums? Sees like the User Forum would be best. However, today, I tried to update the User Forum and delete some old messages. My changes wouldn't save.

Seems like the site is not as easy to operate as it used to be.
Julie

Sunday, January 8, 2012 at 7:06 PM - Response #1

The first thing that ClassCreator had was the Message Forum. It used to be the only option. Then they developed the User Forum, which was meant to REPLACE the Message Forum. Some classes decided that they liked the Message Forum better than the User Forum, so it was decided to offer both of the forums.

If you have exact steps to reproduce the issue you were having, we could have the programmers take a look at it. Sometimes Internet Explorer 9 has a few issues with ClassCreator websites. If you cannot do something in IE9, try a different browser, maybe Firefox (free from mozilla.com).

Sunday, January 8, 2012 at 9:01 PM - Response #2

I will try using Firefox. I have another website that I have problems when using IE. So maybe this is the same thing.
I will let you know
Thanks.
Julie

Sunday, January 8, 2012 at 9:47 PM - Response #3

I was having considerable CC challenges with IE ~ switched to Firefox (for everything) and have had smooth sailing since . . .

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 at 9:36 AM - Response #4

I was going to download Firefox this morning, but I received the following message:

"This type of file could damage your computer"....so I did not download Firefox.

Not sure what to do. Thanks.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 at 10:04 AM - Response #5

This weekend I downloaded Firefox to TWO computers with no problem.
The computer guru's here may wish to comment on MY particular practice for downloading programs, which is:
check to be sure my anti-virus software is up to date
do a disc clean-up
do a disc defrag
REBOOT the computer,
THEN download.

This may be a waste of time, but like Grandma's chicken soup - "It Couldn't Hurt"

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 at 3:06 PM - Response #6

If you get the download from a reputable source, you shouldn't worry. The "This type of file could damage your computer" is a standard warning message. Firefox is safe. I use it all the time.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 at 3:07 PM - Response #7

the reputable source for FIREFOX is www.mozilla.com

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 at 5:53 PM - Response #8

Thanks Kyle. You are soooooo helpful! Appreciate everything you do. Patsy

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.