ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Photo Galleries

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 10/03/10 01:41 AM Views: 1447 Replies: 10
Sunday, October 3, 2010 at 1:41 AM

Sometimes things just bug me. When I go in to organize photos in a gallery. The photos are ordered as 1,2,3,4,5,6,7...
It makes if kinda difficult to re-order multiple pictures between 2 and 3 for example.

How difficult would it be to bring the pictures up in multiples of 10? so the exiting pictures show up as 10,20,30,40,50,60,70...
This would give the user far more ability to set the order the way they want it without trying it multiple times.
Also, the pictures should come up with the new order everytime EDIT mode is entered.

Sunday, October 3, 2010 at 2:13 AM - Response #1

Or use the RED/GREEN Arrows that appear on the website in other places (Order the Announcements, Order the HOME PAGE CONTENT, Order the SURVEY QUESTIONS, Ordering the PROFILE GENERATOR QUESTIONS, etc.)

Sunday, October 3, 2010 at 10:40 AM - Response #2

that would work but would be slower since the screen refreshes each time you move up or down.

Sunday, October 3, 2010 at 10:58 AM - Response #3

I am just thinking consistency.

Sunday, October 3, 2010 at 11:16 AM - Response #4

I understand - and I said it would work - however - when I reorganized the items on the right side of my homepage - it seemed to take forever. And this was for only 10 or 15 items.

My idea leverages code that is already there - when the you go in to edit pictures instead of showing the sort order of 1,2,3,4,5,6,7.... you simply multiply that number x 10 and show 10,20,30,40,50,60,70... Then the user has 9 places to slot the picture between. When they click on SAVE, the screen would then resort.

My preference would be that the resorted (and renumbered with the 10 spacing back between each picture) screen stays up rather than going back to the Gallery Creator (like when you revise your queue with BLOCKBUSTER or NETFLIX. This way you can immediately see the results of your work.

Sunday, October 3, 2010 at 11:41 AM - Response #5

I wouldn't do any of this. The sorting system is there for quick adjustments if you're on that page. Instead do this:

1) Click Edit under any thumbnail image
2) Click the Gallery tab
3) Drag and drop the thumbnail images right where you want them

This will be far, far faster.

Sunday, October 3, 2010 at 11:54 AM - Response #6

Tried that too....never could get a sure feeling whether the picture I was trying to insert was gonna go before or after the pitures I was overlapping. Maybe there could be some kind of graphic showing where the insert appears.

Also the only time I saw this screen was when I uploaded new pix. Never saw it when just going in to edit existing pix.

Sunday, October 3, 2010 at 12:49 PM - Response #7

From any thumbnail screen just click the Edit button under any image to return to the editor. You're always just a click away from the Gallery tab for drag and drop sorting. I think if you do even a handful of images you'll quickly get the hang of it. In the meantime I'll see if there's anything we can do to make it more clear exactly where to release the mouse.

Sunday, October 3, 2010 at 1:33 PM - Response #8

Ok - what if I want move pictures from screen 2 up to screen 1

Sunday, October 3, 2010 at 1:52 PM - Response #9

and .... all I am really asking for for the numbers that you are already having to calculate for sorting when you first go into the "photo" screen is to be multiplied by 10. Why not have 2 good ways to resort pix.

Sunday, October 3, 2010 at 2:33 PM - Response #10

I added the larger sorting area to Programming Task List earlier this morning, but in answer to your second question you'd first have to move it up somewhere toward the middle, let it go, scroll up to the top and move it again. Within this embedded Flash object border detection/auto scrolling like you might see in stand-alone software is not possible.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.