ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Add photo on behalf of another

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 09/18/16 01:58 PM Views: 1002 Replies: 6
Sunday, September 18, 2016 at 1:58 PM

I've added photos on behalf of 2 or 3 other classmates. When I go into the '50th Reunion Gallery / Anchor Inn' link to view the pics there's no indication of who contributed which photo. I did notice on the email that went out notifying folks that photos had been uploaded, it listed the person's name & # of photos... but I expected that folks would be able to know who contributed the photo when they were in the gallery actually viewing the picture. Thanks!

Monday, September 19, 2016 at 4:21 PM - Response #1

Hi Molly,

When you loaded the photos did you select the Click here to add photos on behalf of another Classmate link? I see captions but I don't see assignment to a classmate name.

On the Gallery Creator > Photos link under the 50th Reunion Gallery / Anchor Inn you there is a Change Attributes option where you can assign them to another classmate or you can upload them using the Click here to add photos on behalf of another Classmate link

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Monday, September 19, 2016 at 7:30 PM - Response #2
photos added on behalf of others.docx

Jessica,

I added initially 'On behalf of another Classmate'. When the credit didn't show up, I went into the attribute for each photo and changed the attribute to assign to the other person. The photos still don't show who they were attributed to. However, as seen on the attached email that went out, it shows the photos were attributed to others. Please figure out why the photos don't show it. I have a lot of photos to upload, but don't want to do it till this is fixed.

Thanks!!

Tuesday, September 20, 2016 at 5:48 PM - Response #3

Hi Molly,

I figured it out Smile You had that gallery set under edit to Admins Only which does not display classmate specific information. I changed it to All Classmates with approval first.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Wednesday, October 5, 2016 at 12:50 AM - Response #4

Jessica, I see that the Anchor Inn gallery has separate folders for each person who contributed them. However.... the classmate (Horst or Jean) did not upload them, I uploaded on behalf of them.

Are you saying that the system requires me to set the upload permission to all classmates with approval when I am the one who is uploading the pics?

I ask for clarification because I've uploaded another 62 pics under the gallery 'Banquet and Dance'. Again in this gallery, there is no indication of contributor... BUT.. please note that again the email that went out notifying everyone of new photos in the 'Banquet & Dance gallery DOES list Horst uploaded xx photos, Jean uploaded xx photos, so the system knows who uploaded which photos. Thanks!

Wednesday, October 5, 2016 at 3:44 PM - Response #5

Yes. I believe in order for the image to have the attributes that you have uploaded them on behalf of a member that it needs to be a Classmate gallery.

Thursday, October 6, 2016 at 9:56 PM - Response #6

I don't really see a good reason to block the display of who uploaded (or who was uploaded for by the admin) for any Gallery. The information is just as valuable when the gallery is not open to public upload.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.