ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Problem Editing a Cell/Table

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/31/09 06:22 AM Views: 1299 Replies: 2
Monday, August 31, 2009 at 6:22 AM

To Brad, Support Staff and Admins,
I don't know if any one else has run into this problem or not so I will throw it out there and hope someone has a solution.

When I attempt to edit a cell within a table and right click in edit mode on the cell, normally I get another box of choices to insert a cell, delete a cell, etc. Well, yesterday and today, I tried editing a table and when I click on the cell to edit it, the new box is blank, so in essence I have no choices to be able to edit. Initially I thought it was maybe just a one day issue on CC's site or my computer. But tried again this AM and get the same result. I tried editing a different page to see if it would be any different, but no matter what page I try to edit a table/cell, I can't.

The only thing different is I had to upgrade to IE 8. Does ANYONE have any suggestions as to what I should do next? I am open to all suggestions!

Thanks, Virginia

Monday, August 31, 2009 at 3:21 PM - Response #1

I'm afriad it's a browser issue or local computer setting of some kind. Whate exactly I don't know. I tried editing a cell on your site using IE8 and the flyout is fine. When you right click in the cell and the flyout is supposed to have options but is blank, try double clicking on the word "Cell" instead of just hovering over it. Sometimes that can give a little kick to the display and make the flyout show up. If nothing else try editing the same page in Firefox.

Monday, August 31, 2009 at 3:57 PM - Response #2

Thank you Brad, I did try double clicking on the fly out before I posted to the forum, but after your response, I double clicked on the word cell, not the flyout and text with the options did appear.

Obviously, it has something to do with me upgrading to IE 8 and my own computer system. Until I figure out if it can go back to the way it was, I can live with double clicking on the word cell.

Thanks again, Virginia

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.