ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Expand the Announcement Function

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 09/14/22 07:32 PM Views: 3422 Replies: 2
Wednesday, September 14, 2022 at 7:32 PM

We have found the Announcement Function to be an EXCELLENT tool for displaying new website content. We use it nearly every day. One thing that would double the value of the Announcement Function would be to add a checkbox to each announcement to display it prior or after the Home Page content. Right now, ALL Announcements are either prior or after the page content.

With this suggested change, a seperate announcement could be displayed at the top of the page and at the bottom of the page. That would expand the feature's value by volumes!

Since Announcements can be activated and deactivated by date parameters, it's easy to build a number of announcements in advance. It would be nice to have a time parameter also. That would allow multiple Announcements to display automatically in a single day.

Edited 09/18/22 5:51 PM
Monday, April 3, 2023 at 9:02 PM - Response #1

Phil,
I found this post from last year while looking for another by you.

I do not recall when we were given unlimited announcements, yet that was when I turned off Home Page Content and never looked back. I copied individual items from the Home Page Content to individual announcements and organized the announcements as if nothing changed. I use only Announcements on the home page. I do not have the word "Announcements" showing or bullets. It is a clean page.

Since RD, I moved some of the previous Home Page Content in Announcements to the footer.

Before I move on, I ask if you are still using the Home Page Content.

Monday, April 3, 2023 at 10:58 PM - Response #2

Hi Gwen, we have a small amount of text and four pictures remaining on the home page - everything thing else is via Announcements. I will build up to a dozen Announcements at a time an then activate/deactivate them with start/stop dates.

We are now using Elfsight and Common Ninja Widgets that work very well in announcements. Since many of the Widgets have a start and stop date available it is possible to build an Announcement with multiple different Widgets in it. It makes a page look "dynamic" since the data is changing.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.