ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Domain Name Renewal

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/31/12 05:12 PM Views: 2007 Replies: 12
Thursday, May 31, 2012 at 5:12 PM

Got that crazy letter you referred to from Domain Registry of America. Was planning on paying it until I went to your site and renewed our name and you sent that nice letter about what these companies do!! Thank you for that but.....
What now??? Can you check our domain and make sure we aren't losing it?? We have a multitude of administrators on this account and when I renewed, did I just charge something to one of us? How long is it good for? Do I have to do anything else to insure our name stays the same for at least 5 years?? How much is it costing us??
I am very confused...obviously. Smile TY!

Thursday, May 31, 2012 at 5:44 PM - Response #1

It doesn't look like you did anything. Your domain canyondeloro90.com expires 16 September 2012 and is set to automatically renew. That means the only thing you need to do is make sure to update the credit card information on file there when the current card expires, and set a filter to make sure that notifications about your domain coming from info@classcreator.com are not diverted to your gmail spam folder. Instructions are here: http://classcreator.com/LocGraphics/gmail_whitelist.png

The pricing for domain name registrations is:
1yr : $19.95
2-4yrs : $18.95/yr
5+yrs : $17.95/yr

Thursday, May 31, 2012 at 6:29 PM - Response #2

Ok! Thank you! Now when I go to the site to register it for 5 years it says my domain name is not available...am I transfering it????

Friday, June 1, 2012 at 11:55 AM - Response #3

You have to log into classnames.net before you can do anything with your domain name. If you attempt to look it up before you log in, the website will just tell you that it is not available.

Sunday, June 3, 2012 at 2:52 PM - Response #4

OK....logged in....still saying not available. If I switch it to an "org" will it affect our site??? Why is it saying it's taken when we have it already???

Sunday, June 3, 2012 at 2:59 PM - Response #5

I had the classnames.net system email your login and password. It's going to a gmail account in michael's name. Do you have access to that account?

I added the domain to the cart in that account so all you need to do is get access to that account and then click My Cart in the upper right hand corner and proceed.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Sunday, June 3, 2012 at 3:45 PM - Response #6

Thank you Jessica....I got in....and completed transaction but now I am thinking my credit card is old. Would it have gone through if it wasn't good or will I get an email saying the card didn't work.

Monday, June 4, 2012 at 10:30 AM - Response #7

It would decline if the CC was old.

I just checked the expiration date for canyondeloro90.com and it Expires 9/16/2017.

Looks successful to me. Smile

Tuesday, July 3, 2012 at 3:57 PM - Response #8

Hi Scott,

Our domain name, haverford62.com, has just been automatically renewed for one year through ClassNames.net, even though it was good until 8-1-12. Our only problem is that we actually wanted to renew it for two years at this point. I'm not sure where to go on their website to make this happen, if it's still possible.

What do you think?

Linda

Wednesday, July 4, 2012 at 7:11 PM - Response #9

Hi Linda,

Yes we have a way to adjust it to a two year renewal. I'll email you the details.

Jessica

Monday, September 24, 2012 at 12:11 AM - Response #10

I received a letter from Domain Registry of America (DRA)indicating that my high school's domain name (coolidgehigh1961.com) was due to expire on 9/24/2012. That's today! I didn't realize that the DRA letter wasn't sent by the original domain name registrar (classcreator.com)until I called DRA earlier tonight (late on 9/23/12) with the intention of renewing. I want to renew for one year through classcreator.com -- but I'm not sure if the 9/24/12 date is correct. If it is correct, I'm not sure how to renew the domain name before it expires. I do not recall receiving a notice from classcreator.com that it was time to renew the domain name, athough I did recently pay to continue the website itself.
I do not want our domain name to lapse. Help me contact classcreator before the domain name lapses.

Monday, September 24, 2012 at 9:15 AM - Response #11

Janet,

Domain Name Expires:    25 Sep 2012

www.classnames.net

Monday, March 4, 2013 at 6:57 PM - Response #12

Just a reminder!! I received the Domain Registry of America renewal scam letter today!!! Heads up, do not send money! Bonita

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.