ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Admin forum

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 11/09/11 08:40 PM Views: 1291 Replies: 8
Wednesday, November 9, 2011 at 8:40 PM

How do I add the other administrators to the Admin Forum (I changed the name to Exec comm discussion). We want to be able to send messages to one another on the executive committee, without other classmates seeing them.
Thanks,
Joani

Wednesday, November 9, 2011 at 9:09 PM - Response #1

Joani,

Any classmate who is given admin rights has access to the Admin Forums. To grant admin rights, go to Manage Classmates, Enter/Edit Classmates, then click on the DETAILS, GRANT ADMIN ACCESS, then give access to the "Exec comm discussion".

Wednesday, November 9, 2011 at 9:25 PM - Response #2

I have already done that. But I then don't know how to send a message to only those that are administrators. It says "no one selected" (or something like that)

Wednesday, November 9, 2011 at 9:27 PM - Response #3

You just post a topic like you do in these forums. It really isn't sending a message because they need to login to view the forum. If they subscribe to the forums, they will get an e-mail when the forum is modified or someone adds a comment.

Wednesday, November 9, 2011 at 9:31 PM - Response #4

do they actively have to do something to subscribe to the forum, or because I have checked the box allowing them to get messages, they will just get the email?

Wednesday, November 9, 2011 at 11:48 PM - Response #5

Yes, they need to read the forum, then at the bottom of the forum, they will see options to subscribe to the forum or subscribe to the topic. If they don't subscribe, they won't get notified when someone else posts a message. They won't even get an e-mail.

Thursday, November 10, 2011 at 11:49 AM - Response #6

Can she not send a class email and select those people on her committee to let them know about the Committee Forum and then instruct them to subscribe whenever a new message is added.

Thursday, November 10, 2011 at 11:52 AM - Response #7

Yes, that would work, but there isn't a way from the ADMIN FORUMS to force everyone to subscribe to the messages or to notify everyone when a new message has been posted.

That would need to be done with EMAIL THE CLASS, then selecting the classmates who you want to know about the new posting in the Admin Forums.

Thursday, November 10, 2011 at 6:40 PM - Response #8

That's what I do. I "e-mail the class". Then I punch the radio button that says "e-mail my mailing lists". That take me to a page where I can ad the administrators as I Like. I have 2 co-administrators plus myself. So 1 line says to: administrator 2 & 3; another says admin. 3; yet another says admin. 2; etc..It's set up in order of importence. Isthat confusing or does that help?
Barbara

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.