ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

MUSIC ON SITE

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 10/19/09 07:53 PM Views: 2228 Replies: 14
Monday, October 19, 2009 at 7:53 PM

HOW DO I GET MUSIC ON TO MY SITE. ALSO THE EMPTY SPACE AROUND THE SITE, AM I ABLE TO FILL THAT IN WITH PICTURES?

Monday, October 19, 2009 at 8:14 PM - Response #1

The MUSIC question's answers can be found in this FAQs topic:
http://www.classcreator.com/faqs.html#Building
#20 Can I embed third party objects on my site, such as music or videos?

Changing the empty space around your website can be accomplished by clicking on Admin Functions/ Change Colors. The feature you are looking for is called a Background Image.

Background Image
Upload a background image to fill unused portions of the screen if desired:

Just click the BROWSE button to search for a suitable background image for your website. REMEMBER to click the SAVE ALL CHANGES button.

Monday, October 19, 2009 at 8:48 PM - Response #2

Thanks

Friday, November 13, 2009 at 11:28 AM - Response #3

Although I'm trying to go through the steps, it appears I'm missing "something" along the way. As a non-technical person, this doesn't surprise me!! I've created a playlist (thru Playlist.com) and copied the code. It appears that I'm not pasting it in the right place, or something. Would enjoy having music, but looks like I might need an assist. Is there anyone willing?!

Friday, November 13, 2009 at 11:35 AM - Response #4

Barbara,

What page are you pasting the code on? I didn't see it anywhere on your site.

Friday, November 13, 2009 at 11:41 AM - Response #5

Exactly why I think I'm doing something wrong!!! It doesn't seem to "stick" when I save.

Friday, November 13, 2009 at 11:50 AM - Response #6

Home page

Friday, November 13, 2009 at 12:16 PM - Response #7

Barbara,

When you paste the playlist code, make sure you are in the SOURCE view before you paste the codes. REMEMBER to press the SAVE CHANGES button. From what I can tell from the "Page Backups" at the bottom of the screen, the home page hasn't been modified since November 9th, so if you have been trying to do the playlist on the Home Page, the contents weren't getting saved.

To edit the Home Page Content, go to Edit Site Pages, then choose Home Page, then click the EDIT button next to Home Page

PS. I tried calling you, but you didn't answer. hope this answers your question.

Friday, November 13, 2009 at 3:47 PM - Response #8

Apologies, had to run some last minute errands for the reunion this weekend!

I click on Edit Pages > Home Page > Edit, but then how do I decide where to paste the code (please remember "NON-TECHNICAL"! ;-D) Do I just click anywhere on that view to get to the source code and paste & save(because that doesn't seem to be working)?

Friday, November 13, 2009 at 3:54 PM - Response #9

Before you press SOURCE, decide where you want the music player to go.

Move the cursor to that spot and type "PASTE CODES HERE"

Then click on the SOURCE button and search for "PASTE CODES HERE".

Move to right before the letter "P" and then paste the codes you got from the player site.

After you paste the codes, search for "PASTE CODES HERE" and delete all of those letters.

Click on SOURCE again and you should see an outline of the music player (it doesn't really appear as a player while in the editor).

NOW REMEMBER TO PRESS THE SAVE BUTTON.

It is just that easy. (I hope)

Friday, November 13, 2009 at 4:49 PM - Response #10

I give up! Although I am an intelligent business person, I guess there are things I should not attempt to do! Thank you anyway for all of your time & patience!

Friday, November 13, 2009 at 4:57 PM - Response #11

Barbara Campbell wrote:

I've created a playlist (thru Playlist.com) and copied the code.

Can you paste the code here and I will upload it to your website for you?

Friday, November 13, 2009 at 5:00 PM - Response #12

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, November 13, 2009 at 5:02 PM - Response #13

Just so you know, I really am the type to learn how to do stuff for myself!! Maybe after I return from a business trip in March/April, I can take a class or something to learn more about this. OR maybe I can find someone who can give me some one-on-one tutoring!

Thank you!

Friday, November 13, 2009 at 5:07 PM - Response #14

Barbara Campbell wrote:

Just so you know, I really am the type to learn how to do stuff for myself!! Maybe after I return from a business trip in March/April, I can take a class or something to learn more about this. OR maybe I can find someone who can give me some one-on-one tutoring!

Thank you!

No problem. Glad to help.

It is done.

If you Edit Site Pages, then Edit Home Page, then click on SOURCE, you should be able to see where I placed the player code. I also had to adjust some of the widths of the player to 390 instead of 435 so that your page would look nice.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.