ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Limiting Site Administrators' Access

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 10/19/09 05:52 PM Views: 1276 Replies: 1
Monday, October 19, 2009 at 5:52 PM

Ours is a new website, and I am in the process of naming Site Administrators who can help me maintain the class website. Must all Site Admins have the same powers? Or can I limit them to certain functions? I really want to preserve the integrity of the class database. It's not a trust issue; I'm seeking to avoid unintended consequences from people's varying levels of skill with technology.

Monday, October 19, 2009 at 6:14 PM - Response #1

Any upcoming feature we call "Admin Rights" is on the list. It's slated for after the release of Live Chat, Instant Messaging, Photo Galleries and Community Photo Galleries. Probably early next year.

FYI, there is one thing the Root Admin can do that all other Admins can't do, and that is see your Preferences page. Everything on that page cannot be changed by anybody other than the Root Administrator. This will not stop any co-Admins from changing Classmates' records though as you've alluded to, but hopefully any co-Admins will know better than to do that -- at least until the Admin Rights module arrives and you can set appropriate restrictions.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.